影视剧中的生活口语 第104期:交通标志
日期:2016-04-07 17:31

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

The Big Bang Theory,《生活大爆炸》

A:Okay, now, what you want to do first is turn on the ignition and shift into drive.
甲:好的,现在你首先要做的是打开点火开关换到前进挡。
B:I haven't fastened my scat belt yet.
乙:我还没系安全带呢。
A:Okay, fasten your seat belt.
甲:好吧,系上你的安全带。
B:Click. Now, are there air bags?
乙:可以了。这有安全气囊吗?
A:You don't need air bags.
甲:你不需要安全气囊。


B:What if a simulated van rear-ends me?
乙:要是哪个模拟货车和我追尾了怎么办?
A:I'll hit you in the face with a pillow.
甲:那我就用枕头打你脸一下。
B:Okay, now shift into drive. Pull out slowly into traffic. Watch out, watch out, and watch out for the pedestrians!
乙:好的,换到前进挡。慢慢开进车道。小心,小心,当心行人!
A:Oh, God. Wait-slow-Hit the brakes! Hit the brakes!
甲:天哪!等等-慢点-刹车!刹车!
B:Thank you. Sorry. Excuse me. My bad student driver.
乙:谢了。对不起。我的错。新手上路。
A:How did you manage to get on the second floor of the Glendale Galleria?
甲:你怎么开到幽谷拱廊商场的二楼上了?
B:I don't know. I was on the Pasadena freeway. I missed my exit, flew off the overpass, and one thing led to another.
乙:我不知道。我原来行驶在帕萨迪纳市的高速公路上,错过了高速路出口,冲出了 天桥之后就这样了。
A:Maybe you want to give it a rest and try again tomorrow.
甲:也许你该休息一下,明天再练。
B:No. I quit.
乙:不用了。我不练了。

生活口语

Keep your eyes open for traffic signs while you're driving.
开车时要仔细留意交通标志。
OK. I got it.
好的,我明白了。

重点讲解:

Pay attention to traffic signs while you're driving.
Keep your eyes open for traffic signs while you're driving.

我们曾学过表示“对…留意;留心”的英文说法是pay attention to...,不过,老外还有一个更加形象、生动的表达,那就是keep your eyes open for...这个短语的字面意思是“睁开眼睛看看…”,可引申为“留意;留心…”,所以,表达“开车时要仔细留意交通标志”时,可以说,Keep your eyes open for traffic signs while you're driving.

分享到
重点单词
  • fastenvt. 拴紧,使固定,系,强加于 vi. 固定,系紧,抓
  • shiftn. 交换,变化,移动,接班者 v. 更替,移转,变声
  • ignitionn. 点火,点火器 n. 【化】灼热 n. 【机】发火装
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,