影视剧中的生活口语 第90期:付款
日期:2015-12-10 17:52

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Friends,《老友记》


A:This ring is from the 1920's. It's a one and a half carat diamond with sapphires.

甲:这是一只20年代的戒指,1.5克拉:两侧镶有蓝宝石。

B:Sir, can I ask you to...umm, could you...hold out that ring and ask me to marry you?

乙:先生,我能否请你…嗯,你能不能…拿着戒指向我求婚?

A:Okay. Will you marry me?

甲:好,你愿意嫁给我吗?



B:Oh my God that's it, that's the ring! How much is it?

乙:天哪,就是它了。就是这个戒指!多少钱?

A:Chandler, I...I will handle this! How much is it?

甲:钱德勒,我…让我来!多少钱?

B:8,600.00

乙:八千六。

A:We will give you $10.

甲:我们出十美元。

B:Are you interested in this ring?

乙:你们到底想不想买?

A:Yes! Yes, but I can only pay $8,000.

甲:想!想,但我只能出八千。

B:Okay, I can let it go at eight.

乙:好,八千可以。

A:We stand firm at $10.

甲:我们坚持出十美元。

B:How would you like to pay?

乙:你要怎么付账?

A:Uh, credit card. Oh, no! No, no, but I left my credit card with Joey. Okay, I’ll go get it. You guard the ring.

甲:呃,刷卡,噢,不!不对,不对,我的卡在乔伊那。好吧,我回去拿,你守住戒指。

生活口语

How much do I owe you?

我要付多少钱?

Two hundred yuan per night for standard room, without breakfast.

标间每晚200元,不含早餐。

重点讲解:

How much do I have to pay?

How much do I owe you?

短语owe sb. sth.的意思是“欠某人某物”,不过在口语中,我们不能根据字面意思将How much do I owe you?翻译为“我欠你多少钱?”这句话是老外在买单结账的时候惯用的一句口语,用来询问需付款的数额。比如,How much do I owe you for this pen?这支钢笔多少钱?

分享到
重点单词
  • creditn. 信用,荣誉,贷款,学分,赞扬,赊欠,贷方 (复)c
  • handlen. 柄,把手 v. 买卖,处理,操作,驾驭
  • diamondn. 钻石,像钻石的物质,菱形,纸牌的方块,棒球内场 v