影视剧中的生活口语 第125期:家常便饭
日期:2016-07-14 09:47

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Gossip Girl,《绯闻女孩》


A: What's wrong with the sauce?
甲:调味汁怎么了?
B: Oh, nothing, I'm just so happy to have a home-cooked meal. It just needs a little salt.
乙:哦,没什么,只是能吃到家常菜太开心了,就是稍微有点淡。
A: What? It's perfect.
甲:什么?已经很完美了。
B: No, just a ...just a pinch.
乙:不,再加……再加一点点盐。
A: You haven't changed a bit. You always have to be in control.
甲:你一点也没变,总要控制一切。

d2c269090b0f3bd13ac76329.jpg


B: Well, I don't remember you complaining.
乙:哎,在我印象里你可没抱怨过。
A: Well, I wasn't allowed to. It was one of your rules.
甲:是啊,你不准我抱怨呀。还是你定的规矩之一呢。
B: Yeah,well, I may hold the reins a little tight, but life is complicated, especially once you have kids. You know, when they're little, you're their whole world. And then one day, the wall goes up, they're on the other.
乙:是的,我可能管得有点多,但生活不易,尤其是有了孩子之后。你知道,孩子们还小,你就是他们的全部,然后突然有一天,你与他们之间冒出一堵墙,你在一边,他们在另一边。
A: Well, they don't like to admit it, but they want us to break through.
甲:虽然他们不想承认,但他们希望我们能合好。
B: Yeah, well, maybe Serena, but Eric, I don't know what he wants.
乙:是啊,赛瑞娜可能是这样想的,但艾瑞克,我都不知道他想要什么。
A: You're awfully concerned about a 14-year-old boy breaking curfew.
甲:他不过是个试图打破宵禁的14岁男孩,你太过担心了。
B: Well, it's not my curfew he's breaking. He has been staying at the Ostroff center.
乙:他打破的不是我的门禁。他一直住在奥斯特罗夫中心。

生活口语

A: I've had enough. Everything is perfect. Thank you for inviting me to your home for dinner.
A: 我吃饱了。一切都好得不得了。谢谢你邀淸我到你家吃晚饭
B:You are welcome. It's only a potluck dinner.
B:你太客气了。这只是顿家常便饭。

A: Help yourself. It's only a potluck dinner.
A:请随便吃。这只时顿家常便饭。
B: I will. Thank you very much.
B: 嗯,好。非常感谢。

重点讲解:

This is only a homely food.
It's only a potluck dinner.
potluck指的是国外一种午餐或者晚餐的聚会,即参加聚会的每个人都要带一个菜到指定地点,可以称之为"百乐餐",大家将所有饭菜放在一起共同分享,这就叫做potluck lunch或者potluck supper此外,老外还常用potluck表示 "家常便饭"。

分享到