(单词翻译:单击)
身临其境练一练
Friends,《老友记》
A:Well, I'm gonna take a nap, turkey makes me sleepy.
甲:我得睡一会,火鸡让我感到困了。
B:We haven't eaten yet!
乙:我们还没吃那!
A:I know, but all that work you're doing to get it ready, I just…(goes into her bedroom.)
甲:我知道,但你们一直在准备,那我就…
B:Hey, by any chance did either of pick uh Rachel for your secret Santa, ‘cause I wanna trade forher.
乙:你们谁打算送给Rachel?因为我想送她个礼物。
A:I picked her! Oh thank God you want her! Ooh!
甲:我选的她,谢天谢地你想要给她!
B:Wow! Why do you want to get rid of her so badly?
乙:为什么你这么不想送她礼物?
A:Because she exchanges every gift she ever gets, it's like impossible to get her something shelikes. Come on, let's trade!
甲:因为她老是把她得的礼物拿去换了,根本没法送给她她想要的东西,来吧,咱俩换换!
B:Oh that's not true! That's not true! I got her that backpack and she loved it! I remember howmuch she was crying the day when that big dog ran off with it… Oh, there was no big
乙:
A:dog.
甲:不会的,不会的。她很喜欢我送她的那个背包的,我还记得背包被那只大狗叼走的时候,她哭的多伤心,原来没有什么大狗。
B:All right this sucks! I already got her this briefcase, and I had R.G. put on it… Her initials…
乙:不管这个了。我已经给她买了个皮包,还在上面印上了R.G…她名字的首字母。
生活口语
I want to take a nap,especially after a heavy meal.
我想打个盹,特别是在饱餐一顿之后。
Tell me about it.I wish there is a bed for me to lie down.
谁说不是呢,我真希望这里有张床能让我躺躺。
重点讲解:
I want to go to bed.
I want to take a nap.
表达“去睡觉”我们常用go to bed,但是表示“午睡,小憩一会儿”,老外更常用take a nap,nap有“小睡,打盹”的意思。午睡过后,人的精神会变好,下午工作学习起来会感觉精力特别充沛,所以老外还把“午睡”叫power nap。