影视剧中的生活口语 第5期:熬夜
日期:2015-04-08 15:57

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

A:Morning.

甲:早上好。

B:Morning. What's up?

乙:早上好,什么事?

A:Nothing. We just pulled an allnighter trying to fix a zerogravity pasta maker.

甲:没,我们只是在熬夜修一个零重力面食意粉机。

B:I'm gonna make a coffee run. Do you want any?

乙:我正要去煮咖啡,你要吗?

A:No, thanks. I have coffee.

甲:谢啦,我自己有。



B:Great. So how'd it go with Stuart last night?

乙:好的,昨晚跟斯图尔特怎么样?

A:I really don't want to talk about it.

甲:不堪回首啊。

B:Yeah. Right. Sure.

乙:是啊,没错,当然。

A:The thing is, before you guys went out, I spoke to him and...

甲:但是呢,你们出门之前我俩有过谈话...

B:I said I don't want to talk about it.

乙:我说了,我不想回首。

A:I just…I kind of…

甲:我只是…有点…

B:Penny:What goes on between me and Stuart is none of your business.

乙:我俩的事与你无关。

A:So just leave it alone, okay?

甲:别八卦了,行吗?

B:If you want to clean up your karma, go get my freaking latte.

乙:要想下辈子投好胎,就给我煮杯拿铁去。

A:Hang on, I think I've got this. Help me see if we can wedge this little piece of PVC behind the support rod.

甲:等下,我找到了这个,看看能否把这块PVC楔进载体棒后面。

B:You're overestimating the tensile strength of the substructure you're building.

乙:你高估了你做的基础部分的抗张强度。

A:Sheldon, I know what I'm doing.

甲:谢尔顿,我知道自己在干什么。

生活口语

The Big Bang Theory,《生活大爆炸》

You kept yawning at the meeting.Why are you so tired?

你开会时一直打哈欠,你怎么那么累啊?

I was up all night trying to get the report done.

我一夜没睡,在赶报告。

重点讲解:

I didn't sleep all night

I was up all night.

想必大家都有熬夜的经历,中文说的“熬夜”,也就是“一晚上没睡”,英文用I didn't sleep all night.表达虽说没错,但是老外更常说I was up all night.这里的up就是“醒着的,没睡觉的”意思。

分享到