影视剧中的生活口语 第62期:打折
日期:2015-09-18 17:09

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Friends,《老友记》


A:Guess what?

甲:猜猜发生什么了?

B:You got a job?

乙:你找到工作了?

A:Are you kidding? I'm trained for nothing! I was laughed out of twelve interviews today.

甲:开玩笑?我书都白念了!今天的十二个面试全泡汤了。

B:And yet you're surprisingly upbeat.

乙:不过你却异常乐观。

A:You would be too if you found John and David boots on sale, fifty percent off!

甲:换成是你,如果你遇见约翰和栽维的皮孰打五折的话,你也会这样的!

B:Oh, how well you know me…

乙:哦,你真是太了解我了…



A:They're my new boots, I don't need a job, I don't need my parents, I,ve got great boots, boots!

甲:这是我的新皮靴,我不需要工作,不需要父母,因为我有新皮靴。

B:How'd you pay for them?

乙:你怎么付的钱?

A:Uh, credit card.

甲:呃,信用卡啊。

B:And who pays for that?

乙:卡费谁付?

A:Um…my... father. Oh God, come on you guys, is this really necessaiy? I mean, I can stop charging anytime I want.

甲:呃,我的…老爸。天啊,好啦,有必要吗?我是说,我可以随时忍住挥霍的。

B:C'mon,you can't live off your parents your whole life.

乙:拜托,你不能靠你父母一辈子。

A:I know that. That's why I was getting married.

甲:我知道,所以我选择结婚。

B:Give her a break, it's hard being on your own for the first time.

乙:饶了她吧,第一次独立并不轻松。

A:Thank you.

甲:谢谢。

生活口语

If you don't give me a discount, I won't buy this.

如果价格不优惠些.我是不会买的。

In that case, we can take 10% off.

这样的话,可以给你打个九折。

重点讲解:

In that case, we can reduce the price by 10%.

In that case, we can take 10% off.

商场里经常会推出一些打折商品以吸引顾客,我们常常可以看到写着20 % off这样字眼的牌子,告诉我们货品“打八折”,所以10% off就是“打九折”的意思,用reduce the price by 10%来表达“打九折”没有错,但是老外更常用off这个词,即take 10% off。

分享到
重点单词
  • creditn. 信用,荣誉,贷款,学分,赞扬,赊欠,贷方 (复)c
  • discountn. 折扣,贴现率 vt. 打折扣,贴现,不重视,不全信