影视剧中的生活口语 第122期:颜色鲜艳
日期:2016-07-09 11:55

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Gossip Girl,《绯闻女孩》


A: Hi. I bought you a little something to wear tonight.
甲:嗨,我给你买了点今晚可以佩戴的东西。
B: Oh, thank you. Oh, it's beautiful.
乙:哦,谢谢。哦,真漂亮。
A: Blair helped me pick it out. As I recall, purple was your father's favorite color, too.
甲:布菜尔帮我选的。我记得紫色也是你父亲最喜欢的颜色。
B: Actually, I only wear purple because my father loathed it.
乙:实际上,我穿紫色衣服就是因为我爸最讨厌这个颜色。
A: Oh, Or maybe that's what he wanted you to think. Bart was playing with people's heads all the time. Are you all right? Is it the lawsuit?
甲:哦,也许他就是想让你有这样的错觉吧。巴特总是把人搞蒙。你没事吧?在想诉讼的事?
B: Not the lawsuit, but, uh, who may be behind it. My uncle Jack just arrived in town.
乙:不是诉讼的事,而是在想那个幕后指使的人。我的叔叔杰克不久前到市区来了。

ex081029031.jpg


A: Sounds like Jack. Will he be going to the party tonight?
甲:是杰克的作风。他今晚会去派对吗?
B: Uh, he's not invited, but he is a cockroach, and they tend to slip in through the cracks.
乙:额,我没请他,不过他会跟一只小强一样,从缝里钻进我的派对。
A: Charles, um... your uncle and I... we have history. It's ugly history.
甲:查尔斯,嗯……你叔叔和我……我们以前有点过节。搞得很不开心。
B: Look, I'm not going to let Jack determine who can and can't come to my party.
乙:听着,我才不会让杰克来决定谁去或者不去我的派对呢。
A: I'm sorry, Charles. I don't know if I have the strength to deal with him and meet your family at the same time. I hope you understand.
甲:对不起,查尔斯。我不确定我是否有力气在见你家人的时候还要领及他,我希望你能理解。
B: I understand perfectly. But since I can't spend the evening with you, stay for a while. Have a drink.
乙:我非常理解。不过既然今晚我不能陪你了,那你再待会儿吧。喝杯东西再走。
A: Of course.
甲:当然可以。

生活口语

A: Why everyone is looking at him?
A: 为什么毎个人都盯者他看?
B: This is our board meeting. It's very serious. But he's wearing a loud tie.
B:这是我们的董事会议。非常严肃。他却戴了一条很鲜艳的领带。

A: He's wearing a loud tie. It's totally different from his usual style.
A: 他戴了一条颜色鲜艳的领带,这与他平时的风格迥然不同。
B: That's because he is in love recently.
B: 那是因为他最近谈恋爱了。
重点讲解:
He's wearing a tie in a bright color.
He's wearing a loud tie.
课本上教过我们表示"色彩鲜艳"要用形容词bright, 因此"一条很鲜艳的领带"就可以表达为a tie in a bright color ,不过,在英语口语中,老外还常用loud来表示"色彩艳丽、过分花哨"的意思。因此"艳丽的领带"可以简洁地翻译为 a loud tie.

分享到