影视剧中的生活口语 第92期:吃饱喝足
日期:2015-12-23 18:14

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

The Big Bang Theory,《生活大爆炸》

A:Excuse me,Dr.Cooper.I'm Kathy O'Brien.I just finished reading your paper reconciling the black hole information paradox with your theory of string network condensates,and it just took my breath away!
甲:打扰一下,库伯教授,我是凯 西?奥布莱恩。我刚拜读了您的那篇利用链性网状结构固化物解决 洞资讯矛盾的论文,让我惊叹地喘不过气来!
B:Maybe when I publish it,I'll include an inhaler.
乙:也许等它发表的时候,我会考虑多加个呼吸器。


A:Would you possibly have any time for me to pick your brain?
甲:有没有可能给我点时间向您讨教呢?
B:Let's see.Today is Thursday.Thursday nights,I eat pizza from Giacomo's,sausage,mushrooms,light olives.
乙:让我想想,今天是星期四。星期四晚上我吃吉亚科莫餐厅的彼萨,要放香肠、蘑菇、少量橄榄油。
A:Great.I'll bring it to your place.I have the address.
甲:太好了。我会带到你家去。我有你的地址。
B:What a nice girl!
乙:多好的姑娘啊!
A:Sheldon,do you see what just happened here?
甲:谢尔顿,你知道刚才这里怎么回事吗?
B:Yes,I'm getting a free pizza.I'm on a roll! More pad Thai,please.
乙:当然,我有免费披萨吃了。我好运连连喔!请再来点泰国菜。
A:Seldon,you've already had four servings.
甲:谢尔顿,你已经吃了四盒了。
B:You might want to slow down a bit,buddy.
乙:你该吃慢点,伙计。
A:Just one more bite.
甲:就一小口。
B:Sheldon? Sheldon,are you okay?
乙:谢尔顿?谢尔顿,你还好吧?
A:I'm just so...full.
甲:我只是…太撑了。
B:That's it.No more Thai food.
乙:够了。以后再也不吃泰国菜了。

生活口语

Help yourself to some soup.
喝点汤。
I couldn't eat another bite.
我吃撑了。

重点讲解:

I'm so full.
I couldn't eat another bite.

形容词full的意思是“充足的、充满的”,可以引申为“吃饱了”。不过, 想要描述“吃撑了”的情形,用I couldn't eat another bite.更加形象,从字面意思来看,这句话的意思是“我一口也吃不下了”,其中bite在这里作名词,表示 “一口吃的东西”。

分享到
重点单词
  • paradoxn. 悖论,矛盾(者)
  • networkn. 网络,网状物,网状系统 vt. (以网络)覆
  • stringn. 线,一串,字串 vt. 串起,成串,收紧,悬挂;系
  • addressn. 住址,致词,讲话,谈吐,(处理问题的)技巧 vt.