影视剧中的生活口语 第110期:火车到站
日期:2016-05-14 09:34

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

The Big Bang Theory,《生活大爆炸》


A:But before I go, would you mind if I just take one picture of us together for my Facebook page?

甲:我走之前呢,介不介意咱俩合个影,我好放到我的Facebook上去?

B:Sure.

乙:拍吧。

A:Okay. Great. Now, can I take one where it looks like we,re making out?

甲:好的,太棒了。能不能拍张看起来像是我俩在亲热的?



B:Okay,now you're going to insert the flash drive into the USB port... She calls me Moon Pie because I'm nummy-nummy and she could just eat me up. Now, please put the flash drive in the USB port. The one that looks like a little duck's mouth.

乙:好了,现在把闪存卡插到USB接口…她叫我月亮派是因为我鲜嫩诱人,她想把我吃掉。拜托了,现在把闪存卡插到USB接口上。那个像小鸭子嘴的。

A:Hey, how'd it go?

甲:嘿,怎么样?

B:Terminator broke my phone.

乙:终结者把我的手机终结了。

A:Excuse me. Okay, I,ll be honest with you. I've just spent the last two hours imagining various scenarios in my head, trying to come up with some clever line to say to you. But then I finally realized you're a human being, I'm a human being. I could just say to you...

甲:失陪下。好了,实话跟你说吧。两个小时了,我脑子里构想了无数场景,试图想些机智的话对你说。但是我最终意识到你是人,我也是人。我可以直接跟你说…

B:Next stop: Santa Barbara.

乙:下一站,圣巴巴拉。

A:I'm sorry. This is me.

甲:抱歉。我到站了。

B:Hi, my name's Leonard.

乙:嗨,我叫莱纳德。

生活口语

When is the train due to arrive?

这趟列车何时到站?

4:24.

早上4:24。

重点讲解:

When will this train be expected to arrive?

When is the train due to arrive?

想要用英语询问列车预计到站的时间,上面这两种表达方式都没有错误,但是用be expected to arrive表达会显得过于书面化。老外常用be due to表示“(车船等)预定要到的;预期的;约定的” 。比如,My train is due to arrive at 7:00 a.m. 我的火车预计在早上7点钟到站。

分享到