影视剧中的生活口语 第76期:一家之主
日期:2015-10-30 18:19

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练
Gossip Girl,《绯闻女孩》


A:I totally need a bath.
甲:我真的需要洗个澡。
B:Yeah, deal with it Please.
乙:是啊,快洗吧。拜托。
A:Blair's a bossy genius.
甲:布莱尔真是天性蛮横。
B:Oh, yes, she is.
乙:是啊,她的确是。
A:So what about you?
甲:那你呢?
B:What about me? I don't smell like an ashtray.
乙:我怎么了?我闻起来又不像烟灰缸。
A:But you look like an ass tray.
甲:但你看起来像个蠢盘子(烟灰缸变音)。


B:Hey, Serena. Stop, stop, stop, stop, Serena, Serena, stop. Whafs wrong with you? God。
乙:嘿,赛瑞娜,停下,停下,停下,停下,赛瑞娜,赛瑞娜,停下,你搞什么鬼?天哪。
A:Oh. Ow. God. Go away!
甲:哦,哦,上帝,走开!
B:Oh, what, what, what, what, what? You started it, dude.
乙:哦,什么,什么,什么,什么,什么?你先挑起来的,老兄。
A:What are you guys doing? My, hair! My a ah!
甲:你们在干吗?我的头发!我的天哪!
B:I got you both! I'm king of the world. I,m king of the world! Hey, it's me.
乙:我抓到你们俩了!我是世界之王。我是世界之王!嘿,是我。
A:I didn't mean for it to happen.
甲:我不是故意那么做的。
B:I didn't see your dad downstairs.
乙:我在楼下没看到你爸。
A:My mother just decides everything, you know? Everything in the world is just totally up to her.
甲:一切都是我妈说了算,知道吗?世上的一切都由她掌控。
B:I know. Hey, why don't we get out of here?
乙:我知道。嘿,我们干吗不离开这儿?
A:I'm not going back to that party.
甲:我不想回那个宴会。
B:No, I mean, outta here, outta here. Out of this apartment, to a place a little more sane.
乙:不,我是说,离开这里,离开这里。离开这间公寓,去个正常一点的地方。

生活口语

Maybe you could borrow some money from your family.
也许你可以向家里借些钱。
Yeah, I have to talk to my mum. My mother wears the pants in the family.
是啊,我得跟我妈谈谈。我妈是一家之主。

重点讲解:

My mother is the master of the house.
My mother wears the pants in the family.

表达某人是一家之主时,用master of the house显得有些正式,口语中表示 “一家之主”时常用裡wear the pants,即“公司或者是家庭中做决定的掌权之人”。wear the pants过去常常用来形容在家庭婚姻中当家做主的女性,现在也可用在做决定的男人身上。

分享到
重点单词
  • gossipn. 流言蜚语,闲话,爱说长道短的人 vi. 散播(流言
  • saneadj. 心智健全的,理智的
  • geniusn. 天才,天赋