(单词翻译:单击)
身临其境练一练
Drop Dead Diva,《美女上错身》
A:Mm,Fred,I feel woozey.Ugh,And I have a headache.Maybe I'm sick.
甲:嗯,佛瑞德,我头晕目眩的,我头痛得要死,可能生病了。
B:Uh, ooh, let's see—Birthday party, alcohol, karaoke. I would say you're hung over.
乙:呃,回顾一下-生日派对,喝酒,唱卡拉OK。我说你这是宿醉。
A:No. I don't get hung over.
甲:不,我从不宿醉的。
B:Deb didn't get hung over. Jane hardly drank. You haven't build up your tolerance.
乙:黛布从不宿醉。简很少喝酒,你身体还没办法适应。
A:Right. Of course. Fred, you know, she didn't drink…she didn't go to clubs,she didn't get massages. What did she do to relax, to-to blow off steam?Let me guess-she ate.
甲:是啊,还用说。佛瑞德,你知道,她不喝酒…不泡吧,不做按摩。那她都做什么来放松,来-来发泄压力啊?我猜是-大吃。
B:Actually, no. She ate when she was stressed. Uh, to relax, she enjoyed crossword puzzles.
乙:实际上不是那样的,她有压力时才会大吃。放松的话她玩填字游戏。
A:Lame.Um,you still haven't told me why you're here.
甲:真没劲。你还没告诉我你为什么在这儿。
B:Somebody had to clean up after your party.
乙:派对过后,总要有人收拾吧。
A:So sweet.
甲:你人真好。
生活口语
Did you throw a party last night? It seems that you have a lot of cleaning to do.
你昨晚开派对了吗?看上去你要好好清扫一番了。
Yes. It was fun but now I'm going to clean up the place.
是的,派对很好玩,但是我现在要打扫一下。
重点讲解:
I'm going to tidy up now.
I'm going to clean up the place.
打扫、整理家是日常生活中常做的事,“打扫”可以用tidy up来表达,但是在口语中更常用clean up.如,I'm going to clean up the living room.我要打扫下客厅。如果是家庭大清扫,可以说:I'm going to do a thorough cleanup of this place. 老外常用my place表示“自己的住处”