影视剧中的生活口语 第96期:AA制
日期:2016-01-15 17:55

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Friends,《老友记》


A:Anything else?

甲:还要其他的吗?

B:Yes, how bout a verse of Killing Me Softly. You're gonna sneeze on my fish, aren't you?

乙:还有一首“情歌迷死人”怎么样?你会朝我的鱼打喷嚏对不对?

A:Plus tip, divided by six. Ok, everyone owes 28 bucks.

甲:加上小费再除以六好了,每个人给我28块钱。

B:Okay.

乙:好的。

A:Um, everyone?

甲:嗯,每个人?

B:Oh, you're right, I'm sorry.

乙:你说得对,对不起。

A:Thank you.

甲:谢谢!



B:Monica's big night,she shouldn't pay.

乙:今天是摩妮卡的大日子,她不需要付啊。

A:Oh, thank you!

甲:哦,谢谢!

B:So five of us is, $33.50 apiece.

乙:用五个人去除,每个人33.5美金。

A:No, huh uh, no way, I'm sorry, not gonna happen.

甲:不行,呃,没门,抱歉,那是不可能的事。

B:Whoa, whoa, prom night flashback.

乙:哇,哇,毕业舞会重演。

A:I'm sorry, Monica, Vm really happy you got promoted, but cold cucumber mush for thirty-something bucks? No! Rachel just had that".that".that salad, and,and Joey with his like teeny pizza! It's just".

甲:对不起,摩妮卡,你升了职我替你高兴,可是冷黄瓜糊要三十几块?不行!瑞秋只点了那盘…那盘…那盘沙拉,而且,而且乔伊只吃了那片小披萨!只是…

B:Ok, Pheebs! How about we'll each just pay for what we had. It's no big deal.

乙:好吧,菲此!那我们就各付各的,好吗?小事一桩嘛。

生活口语

My treat for dinner.

晚饭我来请客。

You pay all the time and I feel bad. Let's go Dutch.

总是你来付钱我觉得不好意思。我们各付各的吧。

重点讲解:

Let's split the cost.

Let's go Dutch.

看到go Dutch这个短语,可不能按照字面意思把它理解成“去荷兰”的意思,它表示的是“AA制”,即“分摊费用”的意思。这种说法起源于16-17世纪,当时荷兰商人四处旅行做生意,由于流动性强,一旦请客也许被请的人这辈子都不会再碰到了,于是精明的荷兰人便形成了分摊费用的习惯,Let's go Dutch.这句俗语也就流行起来。

分享到
重点单词
  • sneezen. 喷嚏 vi. 打喷嚏
  • boutn. 回合,一场
  • splitn. 劈开,裂片,裂口 adj. 分散的 v. 分离,分
  • versen. 诗,韵文,诗节 vi. 作诗 vt. 诗化,在诗中