影视剧中的生活口语 第93期:请人吃饭
日期:2016-01-04 18:59

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Lost,《迷失》



A:Can I bring you something?

甲:请问您要点什么?

B:Could I have an espresso, please?

乙:请给我来杯意式浓咖啡。

A:Yes, immediately.

甲:好的,马上来。

B:What sort of business brings you to Berlin?

乙:你来柏林有何贵干?



A:I'm a headhunter. A corporate recruiter. What do you do?

甲:我是个猎头。就是招聘专员。你做什么工作?

B:My employer is an economist. He works in emerging markets. Actually, I...I don't really understand what he does, which doesn't matter since all I do is shop for him. And if this goes off, I'm at his side instantly, which is wonderful since he,s only in Berlin once or twice a year.

乙:我的老板是个经济学家。他专门研究新兴市场。亊实上,我…我不太了解他的工作。不过这没关系,因为我只是帮他购物就行了。如果这东西响了,我就得马上出现在他面前。不过他一年只来柏林一两次,所以其实这差事很棒。

A:Which is why you're enjoying a luxuriously long midday coffee.

甲:所以你才能在这里享受奢侈的午间咖啡。

B:Yes.

乙:是啊。

A:Thank you.

甲:谢谢。

B:Do I…know you from somewhere?

乙:我是不是…在哪见过你?

A:I'll tell you exactly where you know me from... if you let me take you to dinner.

甲:我可以确切地告诉你在哪里见过我…如果你允许我请你吃晚饭的话。

B:This is the restaurant you're taking me to tonight. 8 o'clock.Well... if you can find it.

乙:这是今晚你请我吃饭的餐馆,8点,当然…如果你能找的到。

生活口语

Can I take you out for dinner?

今晚我请你吃饭,怎么样?

I'm afraid not. I have already had an appointment.

恐怕不行,我已经有约在先了。

重点讲解:

Would you give me the pleasure of having dinner with you?

Can I take you out for dinner?

句型Would you give me the pleasure of doing something?的意思是“你能给我做某事的荣幸吗?”常用于书面语言,日常对话中很少出现。老外在表达“今晚我请你吃饭,怎么样?”时常说Can I take you out for dinner?

分享到
重点单词
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • emergingvi. 浮现,(由某种状态)脱出,(事实)显现出来
  • corporateadj. 社团的,法人的,共同的,全体的