影视剧中的生活口语 第22期:拮据
日期:2015-05-13 16:39

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Desperate Housewives,《绝望的主妇》


Gabrielle: Don't you think that's a little over the top?

G:你不觉得有点过头吗?

Carlos: I want the best for Mama.

C:我妈妈要用最好的。

Gabrielle: No, honey, these funeral homes make a fortune trying to convince people to overspend.

G:不,宝贝,这些墓葬公司都想让我们过度消费,他们好赚大钱。

Carlos: What are you saying?

C:你说什么呢?

Gabrielle: Well, I'm saying your mother was a sensible woman. She wouldn't be comfortable with all these bells and whistles. Maybe this one. Wood veneer!

G:我说你妈妈是个很理智的人,这些花哨的东西会让她不舒服的,也许用木头饰面她会喜欢!

Gabrielle: What?

G:什么?



Carlos: You never liked Mama.

C:你从没喜欢过妈妈。

Gabrielle: Well, it's awfully hard to like someone who actively hates your guts. She always thought you married beneath you and she let me know it.

C:很难喜欢一个总讨厌你的人。她总是认为你娶得不值,而且总是在我面前提起。

Carlos: She loved you.

C:她是爱你的。

Gabrielle: She treated me like trash! (crosses herself) God rest her soul.

G:她对我像对垃圾一样!(在自己身上画十字)上帝保佑她的灵魂能够安息。

Carlos: I'm putting my mother in the grave. Now is not the time to pinch pennies.

C:我是在安葬我妈妈,现在不是省钱的时候。

Gabrielle: Carlos, we're not exactly flush with cash right now. Let her be true to her roots. She was bom humble and barefoot.

G:卡洛斯,我们现在没有那么多钱。我们要让她的葬礼和她的身份相配,她出生卑 微而且贫穷。

生活口语

Did you buy birthday gift for grandma? Tuesday next week is her birthday.

你给外婆买礼物了吗?下周二是她的生日。

Oh, I totally forgot and I'm flat broke right now.

噢.我彻底给忘了,而且我现在身无分文。

重点讲解:

I don't have a single penny left.

I'm flat broke.

英文中说I don't have a single penny left.意思就是“身无分文”,penny意为“很少的钱”,老外在日常生活中更常用I'm flat broke.表达。broke指“破产的”,这里强调“穷”的程度,flat意为“绝对的”,也起到了强调的作用。

分享到