影视剧中的生活口语 第9期:忙碌
日期:2015-04-14 16:32

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

Gossip Girl,《绯闻女孩》


A:What are you doing here?

甲:你来这里干吗?

B:I,I left you a message,you never call me back.

乙:我,我给你留言了,你没给我回复。

A:Yeah, well, as you can see, I've been sort of busy. And I really have nothing to say to you.

甲:哦,你也看到了我有点忙。再说我也没什么和你说的。

B:Then I'll make it quick. I need you to put me and Patrick Roberts on the guest list for Tripp's party tonight.

乙:那我有话直说吧。我想让你把我和帕特里克·罗伯茨加在今晚特里普的选举晚会嘉宾名单上。

A:What? Are you kidding me?

甲:什么?你在开玩笑吗?



B:Nate, my job is at stake.

乙:内特,我的工作岌岌可危。

A:Oh, that's funny.So is my cousin's campaign, thanks to you.

甲:哦,有意思。我表哥的选举还不是一样多亏了你,也岌岌可危了嘛。

B:As far as I'm concerned, we're even.You used me for your Buckley photo scam. All I did was find out and undo it.

乙:据我所知我们扯平了。你利用我搞你的巴克利照片骗局。我所做的只不过是发现并破坏了它。

A:Well,I wouldn't exactly call revenge a solid foundation for a friendship.

甲:至少我不会把报复称为一个友谊的坚实基础。

B:Who said anything about friendship? All I need is an invite, plus one.

乙:这和友谊有什么关系?我想要的只是我和我的同伴能够收到宴会的邀请。

生活口语

How was your weekend?

你周末过得怎样?

I was up to my ears in housework this weekend. I feel it demanding than work.

我整个周末都在忙于做家务。感觉比上班还累啊。

重点讲解:

I was busy with housework all weekend.

I was up to my ears in housework this weekend.

be busy with sth.常用来表达“忙于某事”,在口语中还有许多表示“忙碌”的说法,如,I was up to my ears in housework this weekend.我整个周末都在忙于做家务。短语be up to one's ears in sth.用来形容繁忙的程度,工作都堆到耳朵这个高度了,可见有多忙了。

分享到