吃透职场美剧《丑女贝蒂》第246期:糟糕的助理
日期:2013-10-05 14:58

(单词翻译:单击)

试听正文

中英对白

Amanda, send my calls to voice email.

Amanda 把我的来电都转接语音信箱
Marc forgot my lunch again.

Marc又忘给我准备午饭了

I'm starving. I'll be back in ten.

我饿坏了 我10分钟后回来

But these ladies from Neiman's are here to see you.

但这有几位Neiman's来的女士想见你

Really? So, uh, I thought our meeting was tomorrow,

真的啊 那么 呃 我以为我们是约在明天的

but clearly it's not because you're here today,

但很显然不是 您几位都来了

looking so lovely, I might add.

请允许我说你们真是容光焕发啊

Uh,I think you remember where my office is.

你们应该记得我办公室的位置吧

Just down the hall to the right.

沿走廊直走右拐就到了

I'll be there in a jiff. I promise.

我马上过去 我保证

Thank you so much for coming.

很感谢你们能来

Where the hell is Marc?

Marc去哪了

He just left with Willie.

他刚跟Willie走了

Oh,of course he did.

哦 还能去哪呢

Ever since we've been sharing him,

自从我和Willie共用他以来

he's been a total screwup.

他的表现真是一团糟

You know, he's been getting my appointments wrong.

他总是把我的预约弄错

He forgets my lunch every other day.

每隔一天就会忘买我的午餐

He actually sent me to the wrong bar last night.

昨晚他甚至把我送错了酒吧

Can you believe that?

这也太扯了吧

And the guys from Dsquared had to come meet me.

Dsquared的人还得跑来见我

I looked like a total ass.

我给人感觉就是个大混球

Okay, no offense, but this is totally your fault.

无意冒犯啊 但这完全错在你

Marc's a genius,

Marc是个天才 而且

and you're not the best communicator in the world.

你也没有那么善于沟通

See, I knew what you meant just then,But we've had sex,

我明白你刚是啥意思 但咱们嘿咻过

so it's definitely you.

所以肯定是你的错

And Willie would kill to have marc back.

Willie非常想要回Marc

Oh,my... that's it. That little...

哦 天 原来如此 那个小

That's exactly what he's doing!

他原来是这个意思

Okay,that right there.

刚刚这几句

I have no idea what you just said.

我就真不懂你的意思了

台词精讲

Daniel: Amanda, send my calls to voice email.

口语短语:Sb. sends one’s call the voice email.

Ps:随着网络的发展,我们有固定电话,有时候不在就不能及时知道哪些人找过我们。到现在,我们可以通过把固话电话转接到语音邮箱。来电方可以进行留言,这样我们就可以及时知道信息。

Daniel: I'll be there in a jiff.

短语注释:in a jiff是表示时间的介词短语,意思是“马上”。例如:

Sit down, and I will have lunch ready for you in a jiff. 坐一下,我马上准备好你的午饭。

Daniel: Where the hell is Marc?

短语注释:the hell是加强语气的副词性短语,意思是“究竟,到底”。例如:

When the hell did I lose my temper? 我他妈的什么时候发火来着?

What the hell does he want out of me? 他到底想要打我什么主意?

Daniel: Ever since we've been sharing him, he's been a total screw-up.

短语注释:screw up是俚语,意思是“搞砸,弄糟”。例如:

I cannot be responsible for you every time you screw up! 我不能你每次搞砸时都帮你擦屁股!

If he were to go there now, he might screw things up beyond repair. 现在如果去那里,他会把事情弄得不可收拾。

You can't open the window because it screws up the air conditioning.

你不能打开窗户,那样空调就不起作用了。

此外,这个俚语作为书面用语可以表示“眯起(眼睛);扭曲(面部)”。例如:

She had screwed up her eyes, as if she found the sunshine too bright. 她眯起了眼睛,好像是觉得阳光太刺眼。

His face screwed up in agony. 他的脸痛苦地扭曲着。

这个俚语作为正式书面语,还可以表示“(把纸)拧成一团”的意思。

He would start writing to his family and would screw the letter up in frustration. 他会提笔给家人写信,却常常懊恼沮丧地又把信纸揉成一团。

He screwed up his first three efforts after only a line or two. 前 3 次他只写了一两行就把纸揉成了一团。

Daniel: You know, he's been getting my appointments wrong.

短语注释:get something wrong的意思是“把事情搞错”,get somebody wrong则是“误会,误解某人”的意思。例如:

I always get the spellings wrong. 我总是拼错。

Please don' t get me wrong, I' m not criticizing you. 请不要误解我, 我并不是批评你。

Daniel: He forgets my lunch every other day.

短语注释:every other day的意思是“每隔一天”。例如:

Take this medicine with warm water every other day. 这药每隔一天随温水服一次。

The daily housemaid hoovers the carpet every other day. 白天做工的保姆每隔一天用真空吸尘器把地毯弄干净。

Daniel: I looked like a total ass.

词汇注释:ass这个词语,大家都知道是“屁股”的意思,但是它用语口语中,表示stupid man(笨蛋)的意思。例如:

Don't be such an ass! 别这么傻了!

Amanda: And Willie would kill to have marc back.

词语理解:kill的本意是“杀死,杀害”。要去烧死人的人是不顾一切了的。因此,kill在这里可以理解为“不顾一切”“使出浑身招数”。

Amanda: I have no idea what you just said.

短语注释:have no idea后面接“从句”或者是“副词加上动词不定式”的时候表示“不知道”的意思。例如:

We have no idea how to persuade him to give up the idea. 我们不知道如何说服他放弃这个念头。

I have no idea when she will be back. 我不知道她什么时候回来。

have no idea的后面接动词不定式的时候,表示没有......的念头,想法等。例如:

I have no idea to change my position. 我无意改变我的立场。

分享到
重点单词
  • offensen. 过错,冒犯,触怒,犯规,犯罪,进攻
  • tempern. 脾气,性情 vt. 使缓和,调和 n. 调剂
  • screwn. 螺钉,螺丝,螺旋,螺旋桨,螺状物 v. 拧,拧紧
  • persuadevt. 说服,劝说
  • agonyn. 极度的痛苦,挣扎
  • geniusn. 天才,天赋
  • faultn. 缺点,过失,故障,毛病,过错,[地]断层 vt.
  • frustrationn. 挫折,令人沮丧的东西