职场美剧《丑女贝蒂》第91期:马克跟踪威廉敏娜的隐私
日期:2012-09-09 16:20

(单词翻译:单击)

试听正文

特别声明

该节目由可可原创,未经可可许可请勿转载。

备注

本期影视片花选自《丑女贝蒂》第四季第一集。

暴风句型先读为快:

How come+S.+V....什么事情怎么样?(用于询问某事。)

How much do sb love...喜欢某人或某物有多深

It's about sb...关于某人的事情。

Act like everything is normal.装作和平常一样。

No more than usual.和以前差不多。

经典语句先品为快:

It took my breath away.我简直难以呼吸。

赏析:这是双关语。第一层意思是讽刺威廉米娜的女儿做过手术的鼻子很难看也很小,不能呼吸。第二层意思是表明自己由于不再受到威廉米娜的信任和重用自己很憋气,非常难受的这中心理状况。

影视片花

台词欣赏

Marc:No, that's so cool. I can't believe it.

不 那很棒 真不敢相信

Well, the doctors overseas are always better.

国外的医生总是更好

Willie, how come you didn't tell me that your daughter was back in town?

威威 你的女儿回来了你怎么能不告诉我呢

How much do we love Nico's new nose?

你觉得妮可做的新鼻子怎么样

Hon-honestly, it took my breath away.

说实话 简直让我难以呼吸

Marc:Uh, Willie, I have to ask you a question.

威姐 我得问你个问题

Are you mad at me?

你生我的气了吗

Wilhelmina:No more than usual.

和平常差不多

Marc:Oh, I just don't understand

我就是不明白

Why you felt you had to hide Nico from me.

你为什么不想让我看到妮可呢

I need to know that you still trust me.

我想知道 你是否还信任我

Wilhelmina:Don't we have an agreement not to discuss your needs?

我们不是有过协议的吗 不讨论你的需要

Marc:Yes, of course. It's just...

是的 当然 只不过

You'd not believe some of the scenarios I came up with about whom you were hiding here.

你肯定不知道我的原本猜测你藏了什么人

At one point, I even thought it was Connor.

我一度以为是康纳

Wilhelmina:Well, there is something that I haven't told you.

确实有些事我没告诉你

Uh, and it's not about Nico. It's about Connor .

而且不是妮可的事 是关于康纳的

Marc:I knew it.

我就知道

Wilhelmina:I knew you knew it.

我知道你知道了

I hired a bounty hunter to track him down,

我雇了一个赏金猎人去追捕他

so I could take back the money he stole from Meade in order to use it to buy out Hartley.

这样我就能拿回他从米德偷的钱好买下哈特利的股份

Marc:But Hartley's got his snout all up in Claire's span.

但哈特利完全是绕着克莱尔打转

He's not gonna sell his shares of Meade to you.

他不可能把米德的股份卖给你

Wilhelmina:Well, he won't know it's me. I'll use an intermediary.

他不会知道是我 我会找中间人

Oh, Marc...You think this is my first extortion or secret take over? Please.

马克 你以为我是第一次敲诈或是秘密收购吗 拜托

Marc:Right. Of course.

是啊 没错

Wilhelmina:So I'm--I'm sorry I left you out of it; sometimes I feel I need to protect you from these things.

真抱歉我不让你知道但有时候 我想让你远离这种事

Marc:Oh, well, thank you.

好吧 谢谢你

But--but no more secrets, right?

但不会再有秘密了是吧

Wilhelmina:No more secrets. Promise.

没有秘密了我保证

Marc:Okay.

好吧

Wilhelmina:Well, now that Marc knows you're back, people are gonna start to find out.

现在马克知道了你回来了 人们也会知道的

We have to act like everything is normal. You understand? Sweetheart?

我们得装做什么都没发生 明白吗 宝贝

Nico:I'm scared.

我好害怕

Wilhelmina:What are you doing here?

你怎么在这儿

Nico:I think I'm in trouble.

我想我有大麻烦了

Wilhelmina:Don't worry. I will take care of everything.

别担心 我会料理好一切的

学习笔记

leave sb out of:不让某人知道

We leave Tom out of our chat.

我们不让汤姆参与我们的闲聊。

protect sb from:保护某人免于

Wearing dark glasses can protect your eyes from the sun.

戴墨镜可以保护眼睛不受阳光刺激。

now that:既然

Now that I am free, I can enjoy music for a while.

既然有空,我可以享受一下音乐。

can't believe:简直不敢相信

You are in great condition. I can't believe it!

你的身体太好啦。我简直不敢相信。

take away:拿走

Your visit will take away the sting of her sorrow.

您的来访会消除她的悲伤难过。

hide from:隐瞒,使......看不见

Are you trying to hide something from me?

你是不是有什么事要瞒着我?

at one point:一度

I was in that situation at one point and I have friends who have gone through similar situations.

我就经历过这各事,我的朋友们也有类似的经历。

track down:追捕到,跟踪找到

I've been trying to track down some old friends.

我一直在打听一些老朋友的下落。

take back:使回忆起

I take back everything I said.

我说的话我全部收回。

buy out:买下全部的股份

Volkswagen had decided to buy out Chryster for $15 a share.

大众汽车公司已决定以每股十五美元的价格把克莱斯勒公司的股票通通买入。

take over:接管

Robert tried to take over the business for his wife's sake.

为了他妻子的缘故,罗伯特设法接管业务。

in trouble:陷入困境,倒霉

I didn't think to land myself in trouble.

我没想到会使自己陷入困境。

take care of:照顾,照料

He had other people to take care of besides me.

除我之外,他还要照顾别人。

mad at:对......生气

It's my big brother's ball. He'll be mad at me for losing it.

那是我大哥的球,我把它弄丢了他一定会火冒三丈。

分享到
重点单词
  • protectvt. 保护,投保
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • spann. 跨度,跨距,间距 vt. 横跨,贯穿,估量 动词s
  • huntern. 猎人,猎犬,猎马,搜寻者 Hunter: 亨特(姓
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • trackn. 小路,跑道,踪迹,轨道,乐曲 v. 跟踪,追踪
  • stingn. 刺痛刺,讽刺 vt. 刺痛,使苦恼,欺诈 vi.