吃透职场美剧《丑女贝蒂》第221期:该说分手的时候了
日期:2013-08-06 10:49

(单词翻译:单击)

试听正文

What's with all the candles?

这些蜡烛是怎么回事

It's nothing.

没什么

It's not nothing, Hilda.

肯定有事 希尔达

Your father invited me here tonight, not you.

今晚是你父亲邀我过来的 不是你

And every time I get near you,

每当我想靠近你

you make some excuse to run off into the kitchen or rush upstairs,

你总是找借口 要么躲进厨房要么跑到楼上

and, um, today when that woman thought you were my wife?

还有今天那女士问你是否是我妻子时

You looked like you'd seen a ghost.

你表情就跟见鬼一样

I'm sorry. I...

我很抱歉 我

No, it's... it's okay. I love you, Hilda.

没关系 希尔达 我爱你

And I know you care for me, but there's someone out there,

我知道你在意我 但是外面还是有人

who's gonna be thrilled to be mistaken for my wife.

硬是想被误认为是我妻子

And, um, I deserve to find that person.

还有我应该遇到这样的人

And you deserve to find that person, too.

你也应该遇到这样的人

I hoped it could be me.

我曾希望这个人是我

But... since it isn't, it's... time for me to say good-bye.

可既然不是 是时候该说再见了

Happy new year.

新年快乐

[重点讲解

Script: What's with all the candles?

【要点解析】what with:由于,因为

e.g. What with the heavy rain and his not knowing the way, he was late.

下着大雨,再加道儿不熟,所以他迟到了。

e.g. What with the rain and the bad food, we have a very miserable holiday.

由于天下雨,食物又变质,我们度了个倒霉的假日。

e.g. What with one thing and another, I forgot to tell you we couldn't come.

因为事情很多, 弄得我忘记告诉你我们不能来了。

e.g. What with overwork and what with hunger, John fell ill.

约翰病倒了, 一半由于过度劳累而一半由于饥饿。

Script: And every time I get near you, you make some excuse to run off into the kitchen or rush upstairs,

【要点解析】1. get near sb:接近某人

e.g. Rescue workers did not get near them.

救援人员没能靠近他们。

e.g. The pop-star was spirited away at the end of the concert before her fans could get near her.

音乐会一结束, 那位流行乐曲歌手没等歌迷接近她就没影儿了。

2. make an excuse:找某种理由,找某个借口

e.g. The student wanted to make an excuse for not doing his homework.

这学生想为他没做家庭作业找借口。

e.g. Next time just make an excuse for having an exam the next day!

下一次就找个借口说你第二天要考试!

Script: And I know you care for me, but there's someone out there, who's gonna be thrilled to be mistaken for my wife.

要点解析】care for:喜欢,在乎

e.g. I don't much care for that sort of man.

我不太喜欢那种人。

e.g. I don't much care for sweets.

我不太喜欢吃糖果。

e.g. I don't care for riding on a bike very much; I'd rather go on foot.

我不太喜欢骑自行车, 宁愿步行。

分享到
重点单词
  • concertn. 音乐会,一致,和谐 vt. 制定计划,通过协商达成
  • miserableadj. 悲惨的,痛苦的,贫乏的
  • scriptn. 手稿,脚本,手迹 vt. 为...准备手稿
  • deservevi. 应该得到 vt. 应受,值得
  • kitchenn. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间
  • rescuevt. 营救,援救 n. 营救,救援
  • fell动词fall的过去式 n. 兽皮 vt. 砍伐,击倒 a