吃透职场美剧《丑女贝蒂》第77期:我要和你联系业务
日期:2012-07-18 18:23

(单词翻译:单击)

试听正文

影视片花:

台词欣赏:

Bianchi:Hello? Hey, someone! Someone get that! Anybody else work here?

喂?嘿,有人吗?谁来接下电话?没人干活了吗?

Bianchi:Bianchi gallery.

Bianchi画廊。

Betty:Hi, um, I'm not sure if you can help me, but I'm trying to reach Vincent Bianchi.

嗨,嗯,不知道你能不能帮我个忙?我想找Vincent Bianchi。

Bianchi:You got me.

我就是。

Betty:Wow, I wasn't expecting this. Um...I thought I was gonna have to leave a message.

哦,嗯,哇喔。我真没想到。我以为我只能留个口信。

Bianchi:You wanna call back? I could let the machine pick up.

你要再打一次吗?我可以打开留言机。

Betty:No! No, no. Um, no. Okay, um, Mr. Bianchi, I am a really big fan of you.

不!不,不,呃,不要。呃 Bianchi先生,我是你的忠实粉丝。

That cover shoot you did for "Rolling Stone"-- wow, that was amazing.

你为滚石乐队拍的封面照实在太棒了。

Bianchi:Oh, thank you. You have excellent taste. How can I help you?

哦,谢谢。你很有品味。找我有什么事吗?

Betty:Well, actually, I'm calling about your availability for a magazine shoot.

呃,事实上,我想问你能不能帮一本杂志拍些照片。

Bianchi:Um, you gotta go through my rep for that--Sheila Cordova.

嗯,你得跟我的经纪人 Sheila Cordova联系。

She handles me for print work, okay?

她负责我的平面出版事务。

Betty:You know, you and I--we went to the same high school.

你跟我,我们上过同一所高中。

Bianchi:Huh?

恩?

Betty:Queens borough High, right? Class of '93?

皇后区高级中学,对不对?93级的?

Bianchi:Do I know you?

我认识你吗?

Betty:No. We didn't go at the same time. Actually, my name is Betty Suarez--class of 2002—

不,不认识,我们不是同一届的。其实我叫Betty Suarez 2002级的。

But it turns out that you and me—we grew up, like, four blocks from each other. I live off of Roosevelt.

不过那说明你跟我,我们住的很近,仅仅相隔四个街区。我住在罗斯福附近。

Bianchi:You're a Jackson Heights girl, huh? You don't say.

是杰克森高地那边的人吗?真的啊。

Betty:And I practically live at Astoria Lemon Ice. You know that doughnut place two blocks down?

我很喜欢喝Astoria的冰柠檬茶。你知道卖甜甜圈的地方吗?再过去两个街区。

That's where I grew up. I-I worked there every summer in high school, and it burnt down.

那就是我长大的地方。我每个夏天都去那儿打工直到那儿被火烧了。

Now it's a deli. It's a pretty good one, but...

现在那儿是家食品店,也很不错。不过……

Bianchi:Not as good as Sal's, though, huh?

没Sal's好,对吗?

Betty:On 87th? Oh, my gosh, like, the best sausage and pepper hero on the eastern seaboard.

87年开的那家?哦,真糟糕。那里有东海岸最棒的胡椒香肠无敌三明治。

Mmm, yeah, just the smell of those things would get me high.

嗯,没错。光是味道就能让我很high。

I haven't thought about those in a long time. So, Betty Suarez, okay, you got me hungry... and curious.

我很久都没想过那些事了。Betty Suarez 你把我的馋虫都引出来了……还有好奇心。

What is this job you wanted to talk to me about?

你要跟我谈的是什么工作?

Betty:Well, I work at Mode magazine, and my boss, Daniel Meade, was wondering-- Hello?

我在时尚杂志做事,我老板 Daniel Meade想……喂?

重点讲解

1.leave a message:留言

Eg. If by any chance somebody calls me, ask him to leave a message.

万一有人给我来电,请他留话。

Eg. Leave a message for him in case he forgets to return the files to the secretary.

给他留个条子以防他忘记把文件还给秘书.

2.call back:回电话

Eg. I’m afraid he’s in a meeting at the moment. Could you call back in about half an hour?

恐怕他现在正在开会呢。你差不多过半小时再打好吗?

Eg. If the person is busy,many time-tacticians make an appointment to call back.

如果那个人此时正忙,许多善于运用时间的人就会约个时间再回电话。

4.a big fan of:崇拜......

Eg. Yeah, he's really a big fan of computer games.

是哦,他是个十足的电脑游戏迷。

Eg. He had been Henry's mentor for years, but he was also a big fan of mine.

多年来,他一直是亨利忠实的顾问,但他也是我的一个狂慕者。

5.have excellent taste:品味好

Eg. You have excellent taste in clothes.

你对服装有很好的鉴赏力。

Eg. Wow, you always look so classy and beautiful. You really have good taste in clothes.

你总是看起来那么高雅漂亮。你穿衣服真是有品位。

6.call about:因......打电话

Eg. I tried to call about the auction, but you weren't in

我试着打电话问你拍卖的事,但你不在家。

Eg. I am call about what we discus the other day.

我打电话是为了前几天我们所讨论的事。

9.burn down:烧毁,烧光,烧成平地

Eg. The story was about a god who wanted to burn down the town.

故事说的是有一个神仙想烧毁这个城市。

Eg. The time had come to burn down the landlord's mansion.

放火烧掉地主庄园的时候到了。

10.in a long time:好久以来

Eg. I haven't updated my bankbook in a long time.

我有一段时间没去打印我的银行存折了。

Eg. That 's the best meal I have had in a long time .

我很久没吃过这么好的饭了。

分享到
重点单词
  • mansionn. 大厦,豪宅,楼宇
  • galleryn. 美术馆,画廊,顶层楼座,狭长的房间
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • mentorn. 指导者 vt. 指导
  • curiousadj. 好奇的,奇特的
  • moden. 方式,样式,模式,风格,时兴 n. [音乐]
  • availabilityn. 有效,有用,有益;可得到的人(或物)