吃透职场美剧《丑女贝蒂》第163期:威廉敏娜有感而发的演说
日期:2013-04-17 07:43

(单词翻译:单击)

美剧时间

特别声明:

该节目由可可原创,讲解为可可签约编辑编写。

视频出处:

本期影视片花选自《丑女贝蒂》第四季第五集。

影视片花:

台词欣赏:

Are you still angry with me?

你还生我气吗

I wasn't angry.

我没有生气

I'm just sensitive about... our past.

只是对我们的过去很 伤感

Sometimes, I think I made a mistake.

有时候 我觉得自己犯了错

You were married, I was married.

你我当时都结了婚

It's sad, but... that child had no place in this world.

很难过 但是这孩子没有立足之地

People always ask me how I got involved with an organization that helps Tibetan refugee children.

人们总问我为什么加入帮助西藏难民儿童的组织

They usually say I'm in it for the tax break, which I am.

总说我这是为了减税 没错是为了减税

But the real reason——my heart goes out to those motherless children.

但真正的原因是我的心与这些缺乏母爱的孩子连在一起

They have no one to fight for them,

没人为他们伸张正义

And that's what a mother does.

那是母亲的职责

She never gives up on her child.

她从不放弃自己的孩子

I will not rest until I've raised enough money to help every one of those kids get what they need to survive.

我将一直努力筹钱帮助这些孩子生存下去

Because that's... that's what I would do for my own child.

因为那也是我会为自己的孩子做的

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

谢谢 谢谢 谢谢

学习时间

第一、词汇学习

1 refugee n. 难民

e.g.The television picture bring home to us all the plight of the refugee.

我们从电视上知道了难民所处的一切困境。

2 motherless adj.无母的

3 survive vi.活着, 继续存在

e.g.The urge to survive drove them on.

求生的欲望驱使他们继续努力。

第二、 短语学习

1. angry with:生......的气

Don't be angry with me for not having written.

别因为我没有写信而生我的气。

He got angry with me. He told me I was insane.

他生了我的气,说我发了疯。

2. sensitive about:对......很在乎的

Neither of us is sensitive about age.

你知道我们两个人都不注重年龄。

He's very sensitive about being small, so don't mention it.

他对自己个子矮小神经过敏, 可别提这件事。

I am sensitive about my appearance.

我是很注意外表的。

3. make a mistake:犯错误

Read the questions carefully so that you may not make a mistake in the test.

考试时要仔细看清楚题目,以免犯错。

You will make a mistake by using the improper tool.

你用那种不恰当的工具会犯错误。

4. involved with:涉及,参与

He was deeply involved with the anti-drugs crusade.

他深深地涉入了反毒品运动。

How did you get involved with charity work?

你是怎样介入慈善事业的?

5. fight for:为......争取

Let us unite to fight for human rights.

让我们协力为人权而战。

They fight for the communism cause.

他们为共产主义事业奋斗。

6. give up on:对......不再抱有希望

I have given up on own my own house so that I can spend my money 欧on something else.

我已经放弃买房子,以便把钱花在别的事上。

As the road to success gets tougher, most people lose heart and soon give up on their dreams

成功的坦途变得愈加艰难,大部分人都失去了信心旋即放弃了他们的梦想。

其他短语:

1. raise money:筹集资金

2. tax break:减少税收

第三、口语学习

1. 语意表述:某人能力太弱,在这个社会中无立足之地。

套用句型:Sb has no place in this world.

句型操练:Mary is always depending on his parents, I am afraid that she has not place in this world in the future.

玛丽一直都依靠她的父母,我担心她将来在这个世上无立足之地。

句型出处:...that child had no place in this world.

2. 语意表述:某人的心与某人相连,某人心中想着某人,惦记挂念某人。

套用句型:One’s heart goes out to somebody.

句型操练:Her heart goes out to her students.

她的心与学生相连。

句型出处:...my heart goes out to those motherless children.

3. 语意表述:某事是某人的职责。

套用句型:Something is what +somebody does.

句型操练:It is what a secretary does.

这是秘书的职责。

句型出处:And that's what a mother does.

分享到
重点单词
  • urgevt. 驱策,鼓励,力陈,催促 vi. 极力主张 n.
  • crusaden. 改革运动 Crusade n. 十字军东征 vi.
  • appearancen. 外表,外貌,出现,出场,露面
  • charityn. 慈善,慈善机关(团体), 仁慈,宽厚
  • improperadj. 不合适的,错误的,不道德的
  • sensitiveadj. 敏感的,灵敏的,易受伤害的,感光的,善解人意的
  • survivevt. 比 ... 活得长,幸免于难,艰难度过 vi.