吃透职场美剧《丑女贝蒂》第90期:在残酷的现实斗争中生存
日期:2012-08-25 10:29

(单词翻译:单击)

试听正文

特别声明

该节目由可可原创,未经可可许可请勿转载。

备注

本期影视片花精选自《丑女贝蒂》第四季第一集。

经典台词先品味为快:

My pitch gets turned into something completely.

我的好主意变得面目全非。

It's like everybody hates me.

好像人人都讨厌我。

You survived that. You're gonna survive this.

以前的你都挺过来了,这次的你也能挺过来的。

Doing what you always do. Focus on your work; show them you're a team player.

该干啥就干啥,专注于你的工作,让他们瞧瞧你的团队意识。

暴风句型先读为快:

Oh, boy.天啊

Oh, my god.天啊

I don't have to do that.我没必要这么做

I can't believe that...我简直不敢相信......

They start a blog. 他们开了博客。

Do what you always do.一如既往地做。

It's worth a lot of money.它很值钱。

影视片花

台词欣赏

Betty: So he barely speaks to me.Thank you.

他基本都不和我说话 谢谢

and then my pitch gets turned into something completely different,

然后我的提议变得面目全非

which he decides to give to Megan.Wait.

他还把这个交给米根去做

Daniel:I can't believe that spoiled little bastard.Gave it to Megan.

真不敢相信这个娇生惯养的混蛋交给米根处理

Did you talk to Wilhelmina or my mom?

你和威廉敏娜或是我妈妈说了吗

Betty:No. No. I don't have to do that. And it's not just Matt,

不 我没必要这么做 而且不只是马特

Daniel.It's like everybody hates me.

丹尼尔 好像人人都讨厌我

Daniel:Oh, you can turn that around.

你会扭转局面的

Maybe it's gonna be like your first year at "Mode."

这可能就像你在《风尚》的第一年

Used to make fun of you? They even started that blog about you.

大家经常嘲笑你 他们甚至开了个关于你的博客

Betty:What blog?

什么博客

Daniel:You know, the one about your outfits.

你知道的 关于你的衣服打扮的那个

The one where they took pictures of you every day?

他们把你每天的照片传上去的那个

You have to know about this.Oh, boy.

你得看看那个博客 天啊

Betty:Oh, my god.

我的天

They've been doing this since my first day at "Mode"

我在《风尚》的第一天他们就做了这个

And nobody told me?

而且没人告诉我

Daniel:Betty, I just kinda thought you knew.

贝蒂 我还以为你知道的

Betty:Well, I love that outfit.

我喜欢这身打扮

Daniel:Yeah, I-I love that one, too.

我也喜欢这个

Betty:Uh, okay, maybe that one was a mistake.

穿这个确实是个错误

Daniel:You know what?

别担心了

Don't worry about it.You survived that. You're gonna survive this.

以前的你都挺过来了 这次的你也能

Betty:How?

怎么挺

Daniel:Well, doing what you always do.Focus on your work;

show them you're a team player.

该干啥就干啥 聚精会神 让他们瞧瞧你的团队意识

Betty:I am. I tried to help Megan find a take on her insect jewelry piece.

我是这么做的 我想要帮米根给她的昆虫首饰材料找点素材

She didn't like any of my ideas. I love that belt.

她不喜欢我的想法 我喜欢这条腰带

Daniel:Insect jewelry?So Molly found this in some antique shop a while back.

昆虫首饰 莫莉以前在一间古董店里找到的

Turns out it's worth a lot of money.

结果这个很值钱

Betty:Olivia?

奥莉维亚

Daniel:Yeah, it's, uh, Olivia Guillemette. She was big in the ‘60s;

是奥莉维亚.吉尔麦特 她在60年代很有名

she's kind of a recluse now. But I bet a resourceful writer or editor.

现在隐居了 应该是个足智多谋的作家或是编辑

Betty:Thank you, Daniel.I'm really glad you're back. I missed you.

谢谢 Daniel 真高兴你回来的 想死你了

Daniel:I missed you, too, Betty.

我也想你 贝蒂

Betty:Did you really have to bookmark that blog?

你真的把那个博客加到收藏夹了吗

学习笔记

重点词汇精讲:

SpoilVt.

Exp. harm the character of (esp a child) by lack of discipline or too much generosity, attention, praise, etc

娇惯, 宠坏, 溺爱(尤指儿童)

Eg. That little girlis terribly spoilt, her parents give her everything she asks for.

那个小女孩真惯得不像话,父母对她是有求必应。

BastardC.N.

Exp. (usu male) person regarded with contempt; ruthless or cruel person

(通常指男性)被人瞧不起的人, 冷酷无情的人, 残忍的人

Eg. Yourotten bastard!

你这下流坯!

Eg. He'sa real bastard, leaving his wife in that way.

他真狠心,弃妻子于不顾。

SurviveVt.

Exp. continue to live or exist in spite of nearly being killed or destroyed by (sth)

经历(某事物)幸存,挺过来

Eg. All of themsurvived an earthquake.

他们都经历地震而死里逃生。

Eg. Few buildingssurvived the bombing raids intact.

空袭过後幸存的建筑物绝无仅有。

Eg. The plants may notsurvive the frost.

这些植物不经冻。

AntiqueAdj.

Exp. [usually before noun] (of furniture, jewellery, etc.) old and often valuable

(家具或珠宝等)古老的,古董的

Eg. I havean antique mahoganydesk.

我有一张古红木桌子。

RecluseC.N

Exp. a person who lives alone and likes to avoid other people: to lead the

隐居者

Eg. I am longing fora life of a recluse.

我渴望隐居的生活。

Eg. He has beenleading the life of a recluse.

他一直都过隐居生活。

ResourcefulAdj.

Exp. (approving) good at finding ways of doing things and solving problems, etc

足智多谋的

Eg. These women were strong,resourcefuland courageous.

这些女性坚强刚毅,有勇用谋。

短语提炼和讲解:

1.speak to:和......讲话

Ps:动词性短语

Exp. To是介词,它后面一般接表示人的名词或代词。它后面也可以接事物,意思是“针对某事情而说话”。

Eg. I want tospeak to her in the matter ofmy salary.

我想跟她谈谈我的薪水问题。

Eg. Pleasespeak to the subjectunder discussion.

请针对讨论的问题发言。

2.pitch gets:好的提议,好的主意

Ps:名词性短语

Exp. pitch是指“高音”,get在这里是做名词,意思是“获取物”。在这里是取其比喻义,比喻为“好的主意或提议”等等。

3.turn into:变成

Ps:动词性短语

Exp. Into是介词,它后面可以接名词或代词或名词性短语等。

Eg. We saw their hopeturn into a snare, and their rejoicing into weeping.

我们看到他们的希望化为泡影,他们的欢乐变成哀泣。

4.can't believe:简直不敢相信,真不敢相信

Exp. believe与cannot连用含有“竟然,简直”的意思。

Eg. I was stunned to learn of the death of Mary. Icannot believeit is really true.

听说Mary去世,我大吃一惊。真不能相信这是真的。

Eg. Icannot believethe time have come to say goodbye. I am not really sure I want to leave.

我真不能相信已经是分别的时候了。我真不知道我是不是要离开。

5.turn around:扭转,使转好

Ps:动词性短语

Exp. 作为“扭转局面,转机”这个意思时,around是副词,不是介词。

Eg. Do you think our housing sales willturn aroundduring this year?

你认为我们的住房销售今年出现转机吗?

6.used to:过去常常......

Ps:动词性短语

Exp. 表示“过去常常做某事”的意思。to在这里是动词不定式的标示,所以后面跟动词原形,不是介词。如果作为介词的话,它是形容词性短语,与系动词be或者是get连用,后面要接动名词,意思是“习惯于......”。

Eg. The old professorused to digressfrom his subject for a moment to tell his students a funny story.

老教授过去常常暂时离开一下话题,给学生们讲一个有趣的故事。

Eg. Fatherused to takeme for a walk after supper.

父亲过去常常晚饭后带我去散散步。

7.make fun of:取笑,奚落,嘲弄

Ps:动词性短语

Exp. of是介词,它在这个短语中后面接表示人的名词或代词,也可以接物。

Eg. We didn't mean tomake fun ofthose who'd fallen into that barrel of treacle named love.

我们并不是想要捉弄那些坠入甜蜜的爱河之中的情侣。

Eg. That will teach him a lesson!It doesn't pay tomake fun of the law, my man!

那会给他一个教训!与法律开玩笑绝不会有好下场,我的老弟。

8.take pictures of sb:上传某人的照片

Ps:动词性短语

Exp. Take pictures of是“照相”的意思,在这里是指“往博客上上传照片”的意思。

9.know about:知道关于......的情况

Ps:动词性短语

Exp. about是介词,后面可以接名词或代词或动名词短语,或者是宾语从句等。

Eg. Comb your mind for as much as youknow about your ancestors.

好好想一下,尽力回忆一下你所知道的有关你祖先的事。

Eg. There is something, something very important, you need toknow about.

有一件非常重要的事你们应该知道。

10.worry about:担心......;烦恼

Ps:动词性短语

Exp. about是介词,在这里是表示“原因”,是“因为”的意思。它后面可以接名词,代词,动名词短语或宾语从句等等。

Eg. Let themworry about how to get rid ofthe cars later.

让他们在日后为处理车子而发愁吧。

Eg. Nothing toworry about.

没有什么好担心的。

Eg. Don'tworry about the matter.I'll work round to it next week.

这件事你不用担心,下星期我慢慢地来解决它。

11.focus on:以......为焦点,专注于

Ps:动词性短语

Exp. on是介词,它后面可以接名词,代词,动名词短语或宾语从句等。

Eg. They mustfocus on improvingthe quality of the products.

他们必须注重提高产品质量。

Eg. I'm so tired I can'tfocus on anythingtoday.

今天我太累了,精神集中不起来。

12.find a take on:找到关于......东西

Ps:动词性短语

Exp. take在这里是“获取物”的意思,on是介词,是“关于”的意思。

11.a while back:不久以前,前一阵子

Ps:副词性短语

Eg. My colleague Joel Stein let dropa while backthat he was working on a book proposal.

我的同事乔尔·斯坦不久前无意中告诉我他正忙着做一个出版计划。

12.turn out:结果是......

Ps:动词性短语

Exp. out在这里是副词,所以表示“结果是什么”,后面要接介词to。

Eg. In most cases these convictions of histurn out to beutter moonshine.

大多数情况下他的这类瞎想最终都是虚惊一场。

Eg. I had not expected that things shouldturn outlike this.

我没料到事情的结果会是这样。

分享到
重点单词
  • recluseadj. 隐居的 n. 隐士
  • qualityn. 品质,特质,才能 adj. 高品质的
  • avoidvt. 避免,逃避
  • spiten. 恶意,怨恨 vt. 刁难,伤害
  • colleaguen. 同事
  • ruthlessadj. 残忍的,无情的
  • resourcefuladj. 资源丰富的,足智多谋的
  • bastardadj. 私生的,错误的,混蛋的 n. 私生子,混蛋
  • generosityn. 慷慨,大方
  • pitchn. 沥青,树脂,松脂 n. 程度,投掷,球场,音高 v