吃透职场美剧《丑女贝蒂》第178期:不要陷入"美岛倾情'
日期:2013-05-16 08:31

(单词翻译:单击)

美剧时间

特别声明:

该节目由可可原创,讲解为可可签约编辑编写。

视频出处:

本期影视片花选自《丑女贝蒂》第四季第7集。

影视片花:

台词欣赏:

Wow, this place is beautiful. Can I take a second to drink it in.

这个地方太赞了 我想应该花点时间消化下

I certainly hope you are not wasting time drinking in your surroundings.

我希望你的消化没有在浪费时间

Well, the first photo shoot starts in less than an hour.

离拍摄还有快一小时

If you someone tells there is something called Island Time,

如果有人告诉你在这里还有“美岛倾情”

drown them in their daiquiri and poke their eyes out with the umbrella.

你用鸡尾酒淹死他们 用扇挖掉他们的眼睛

Got it.

明白了吗

I also need you to wrangler for the models,

我还需要你待在模特身边

they need constant supervision.

他们需要不断地被监督

I don’t want anyone tanned or bloated.

我不希望任何人被晒黑或者起水泡

I am on it.[qh]

我会的

I am sensing a personal life here. Stop it immediately.

我闻到尴尬的味道 马上给我停止

I need your giant head in the game.

我要你马上投入到工作里来

I have been here for five minutes.

我才刚到这里5分钟

And I have already seen Matt and Amanda all over each other.

就看到Matt跟Amanda在哪都黏在一起

I don’t know how I am gonna avoid them.

我都不知道怎么避免看到他们

Well then, don’t.

那就不要躲

Matt and Amanda are the ones who have explaining to do.

让他俩做他们的

I say, put themself out there and make them confess to you.

让他们对你愧疚

I never thought of it that way.

我从来都没这么想过

Miss Lumpkin, your room is ready now. Thank you.

Lumpkin小姐 你的房间准备好了 谢谢

Excuse me. Hold on. Excuse me.

对不起 等一等 打扰一下

Shh. Please don't say anything,'cause nobody knows I'm here.

嘘 什么也别说 因为这里没人知道我是谁

I got it. I love you so much. Thank you.

知道了 我超级喜欢你 谢谢

Oh,my god! I just ran into Shakira.

上帝啊 我刚刚看到Shakira了

Shakira! I'm jealous. Love you. Bye.

Shakira 我很嫉妒 爱你 再见

重点解释

1. take a second:花一点点时间

Feel free to take a second to get your wind back.

轻松,花点时间重温一下儿时的想像力吧!

Take a second and think about what a teacher's job is.

请想一想,什么是老师的工作?

2. drink in:陶醉于......

I stopped to drink in the beauty of the scene.

我停下来,欣赏美丽的景色。

I thought only of the bliss given me to drink in so abundant a flow.

我想到的只是源源而来任我畅饮的幸福。

3. in less than an hour:不到一个小时

In less than an hour the auditorium was burnt to ashes.

不到一小时,礼堂便烧成灰烬。

She struck off several letters in less than an hour.

她不到一小时就写了好几封信。

4. poke one’s eyes out:诱惑别人,吸引别人

Watch it, you almost poked my eye out with that umbrella.

5. hold on:等等

Just a moment, I'll connect you. Hold on, please.

请稍候 ,我为你转接。请不要挂断。

Could you hold on ? I' ll just see if the manager' s in.

你不要挂断电话好吗?我去看一看经理在不在。

分享到
重点单词
  • poken. 刺,戳,袋 vt. 拨开,刺,戳 vi. 戳,刺,
  • constantadj. 经常的,不变的 n. 常数,恒量
  • confessv. 承认,告白,忏悔
  • avoidvt. 避免,逃避
  • supervisionn. 监督,管理
  • blissn. 福佑,天赐的福
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • abundantadj. 丰富的,充裕的
  • scenen. 场,景,情景