吃透职场美剧《丑女贝蒂》第161期:我做的一切为了"孩子"
日期:2013-04-15 18:47

(单词翻译:单击)

美剧时间

特别声明

该节目由可可原创,讲解为可可签约编辑编写。

视频出处

本期影视片花选自《丑女贝蒂》第四季第五集。

影视片花

台词欣赏

Okay, thank you. Name?

好的 谢谢 姓名

Betty. Betty Suarez.

贝蒂 贝蒂·苏亚雷斯

And the name of your plus one?

你的舞伴的名字呢

Just me. I'm my own plus one.

一个人而已 我就是我的舞伴

Oh, my god! Was I in that photo? How embarrassing.

天啊 我也在照片上 真尴尬

Champagne, count?

香槟

Ms. Slater? I'm on the board of "style cares,"

斯莱特女士 我完全同意“时尚关怀”

and I just wanted to tell you how thrilled we are to have you host this event for us.

我只想表达这场派对让我们激动万分

Well, what can I say? I'm a giver.

该怎么说呢 我乐于给予

I hope you realize how many children you've helped.

望你知道你的善举帮了很多孩子

Yes. I'm all about the children.

全是为了孩子

Are you okay, Willie?

还好吗 威威

No, I'm not okay, and it's all your fault.

我不好 都是你的错

You brought this into my house. This ridiculous spectacle!

你把这荒诞的场面带到我家里

And all these people throwing insane amounts of money on children I don't even know!

人们还往这些孩子身上扔大把的钱

And I can't even afford to save my own child.

我却救不了我自己的孩子

Marc, what am I supposed to do?

马克 我该怎么做

I thought I could handle it, but I can't.

我原以为我可以摆平 但是我不能

Well, I can. Oh! I'm turning myself in.

我可以 我要去自首

Oh, don't be ridiculous.

别犯傻了

No daughter of mine is going to prison.

我的女儿绝不会坐牢

I'll have him killed.

我要把他杀了

Okay. okay. you're not turning yourself in,

好吧 你不需要自首

And you, you're not killing anyone.

你也不用杀人

What's with this family?

这对母女怎么了

Mama, we have no choice.

妈妈 我们别无选择

If you can't pay, then I have to do this to save us both.

如果你付不起 我就必须这样做来保住我们

学习时间

第一、词汇学习

1 embarrassing adj.令人为难的, 尴尬的

e.g.The profuseness of his thanks was embarrassing.

他再三表示感谢使人很不好意思。

e.g.There was an embarrassing silence after her indiscreet remark but she was able to laugh it off.

她出言不慎把大家窘得哑然无声,她却有本事一笑置之。

2 spectacle n. 大场面(壮观的公开展示﹑ 队列﹑ 表演等)

e.g.The ceremonial opening of Parliament was a fine spectacle.

该议会的开幕式场面隆重。

e.g.The celebrations provided a magnificent spectacle.

庆祝活动呈现一派宏伟的景象。

3 insane adj. 非常愚蠢的

e..g.He has made an insane decision that he married Mary who is a bitch.

他做了一个非常愚蠢的决定,决定娶这个不正经的玛丽。

e.g.His mind is full of insane ideas.

他脑子了满是愚蠢的想法。

第二、短语学习

1. host for:为......主持......,为......主办

e.g.He hosted my daughter for her wedding.

他为我的女儿举办了婚礼。

2. throw money on sb.:把钱花在某人身上

He threw a lot of money on a woman who had an affair with him.

他把很多钱花在与他有染的那个女人身上。

3. be supposed to do sth.:应该做某事

e.g.You are supposed to have finished by now.

此刻你应已完成。

4. turn oneself in:自首

e.g.The suspect turn himself in to the police on his own initiative.

嫌犯主动向警方自首。

5. go to prison:坐监狱,坐牢

e.g.She went to prison for peddling drugs.

她因贩卖毒品而入狱。

6. have no choice:别无选择,不能选择,无选择余地

e.g.I have no choice but to obey him.

我只好服从他。

分享到
重点单词
  • initiativeadj. 创始的,初步的,自发的 n. 第一步,首创精神
  • suspectn. 嫌疑犯 adj. 令人怀疑的,不可信的 v. 怀疑
  • silencen. 沉默,寂静 vt. 使安静,使沉默
  • ridiculousadj. 荒谬的,可笑的
  • handlen. 柄,把手 v. 买卖,处理,操作,驾驭
  • decisionn. 决定,决策
  • faultn. 缺点,过失,故障,毛病,过错,[地]断层 vt.