吃透职场美剧《丑女贝蒂》第148期:休想敲诈我
日期:2013-03-16 06:32

(单词翻译:单击)

试听正文

特别声明

该节目由可可原创,讲解为可可签约编辑编写。

视频出处

本期影视片花选自《丑女贝蒂》第四季第五集。

影视片花


台词欣赏

I'm not sure what I'm looking at, Detective Castelar.

我不知道这是什么 Castelar侦探

Is that a smudge of dirt?

这是污迹吗

It's a thumbprint. In blood.

这是指纹 血印

Eh, if you say so. I'm afraid that you're not a terribly good photographer.

你说是就是了 很遗憾你的取像技术一般般

I found the print on Jonathan Vieja's boat. It's his blood. The print belongs to your daughter.

我在Jonathan Vieja的船上取的 这是他的血 指纹是你女儿的

Well, Nicol spent a lot of time on that boat. They were dating.

Nicol总待在那船上 他们以前在恋爱

I'm not sure what you think that proves.

我不知道这能证明什么

I've worked for Jonathan's family before., covering up his messes.

我一直为强森家工作 给他收拾残局

Your ex-boyfriend was not a nice guy, was he?

你的前男友不是个好人 对吧

He had a temper...especially with women.

他的脾气很大 尤其对女人

Uh, well, I...


Sounds like she's lucky he's disappeared.

那他失踪 她很幸运了

You know, maybe I'm not being clear.

也许我没说明白

I don't think she's lucky. I think she killed him.

我不觉得她幸运 我认为是她杀了他

I think she dumped the body overboard, I think she got some help cleaning up her mess, and I think you missed a spot.

她把尸体扔到海里 找人帮忙清理了现场 而你们遗漏了这一点

Well, if you think I do my own cleaning, you don't know me very well.

如果你觉得我自己打扫 就太不了解我了

I'm not the kind of person you'd want as an enemy, Mr. Castelar.

你不会想要我这样的敌人的 卡斯特先生

I've written a number on the back of that picture.

我在那照片后面写了数额

I prefer cash.

现金

Are you actually trying to blackmail me?

你真的要敲诈我吗

Well, that's adorable. But it doesn't go like that, so get out.

有意思 但不如你所愿 滚出去

Mom, what are you doing? You're not gonna pay him?

妈妈你在做什么 你不付钱吗

I will do what I always do. I'll beat him at his own game.

我会将计就计战胜他

But he knows everything. I don't want to go to jail.

但他知道全部 我不想坐牢

You won't go to jail! I'll handle this. I know what I'm doing.

你不会的 我来处理 我知道自己在做什么

重点讲解

第一、词汇精讲

1. mess c.n.脏或乱的状态

e.g.The children have made an awful mess in the lounge.

孩子们把起居室弄得凌乱不堪。

2. smudge c.n.污点, 渍痕

e.g.Wash your hands or you'll make smudges on the writing paper.

把手洗干净, 别把写字的纸弄脏了。

3. dump vt.丢弃(不需要的某物)

e.g.Some people just dump their rubbish in the river.

有些人径直往河里倒垃圾。

4. blackmail vt.勒索, 讹诈

e.g.She was sent to prison for blackmail.

因犯敲诈勒索罪她被送进监牢。

5. adorable adj. 值得崇敬的, 可爱的

e.g.Your dress is absolutely adorable.

你的衣服太漂亮了。

e.g.My darling, you are adorable.

亲爱的, 你真迷人。

6. handle vt. 对付﹑ 管理或控制

e.g.I was impressed by her handling of the affair.

我觉得她对此事的处理很了不起。

第二、词汇泛讲

1. dirt u.n.污垢

2. thumbprint c.n. 拇指纹

3 .ex-boyfriend c.n. 前任男友

4. overboard adv.自船上落下

第三、短语精讲

1. belong to:属于,为......的一员

e.g.Two-thirds of the members belong to the wealthy class.

三分之二的成员属于富有阶级。

e.g.I belong to a football club and play every Saturday.

我参加了一个足球俱乐部,每星期六踢球。

2. cover up:掩饰,掩盖

e.g.You are lying and lies can not cover up facts.

你在说谎,但谎言掩盖不了事实。

e.g.I know everything, and it is no use for you to try to cover up.

我什么都知道了,你不要隐瞒了。

3. get some help:得到帮助

e.g.If he were here, you might get some help from him.

他要是在这里,你或许能从他那里得到一些帮助。

e.g.How can I get some help in finding a particular book?

我怎样才能得到帮助找到某一本书呢?

4. clean up:清除(犯罪现象)

e.g.The mayor is determined to clean up the city.

市长决心清除市内的不良现象。

e.g.I was sent back to clean up the mess.

我被派回来收拾残局。

5. on the back of:在......的后面

e.g.Write your address on the back of the check.

把你的地址写在支票的背面。

e.g.She mounted the photograph on the back of her diary book.

她把照片裱贴在她的日记本上。

6. get out:滚出去

e.g.Get out of here or I'll tan your hide.

滚开,否则我要揍你。

7. go to jail:坐牢,蹲监狱

e.g.If you bring contraband into a country, you may go to jail.

如果你把违禁品带进一个国家,可能要坐牢。

e.g.If that's proved true, he could actually go to jail.

这个假如证明属实,他可能要入狱。

第四、短语泛讲

1. a smudge of dirt:污点

2. a thumbprint in blood:带血迹的手指印

3. on one’s boat:在船上

4. do one’s cleaning:做清理打扫

5. miss a spot:遗漏一点

五、实用口语

1. 表述某人对某个人有很大脾气,不是很友好,可以套用下面这个句型:

Sb has a temper with someone.

源于台词:He had a temper...especially with women.

2 表述一个说说话没有说清楚,让人不明白,可以套用下面这个句型:

Sb is not being clear.

源于台词:You know, maybe I'm not being clear.

3 表述事情不是别人述说的那样,可以套用下面这个句型

It does not go like that.

源于台词:But it doesn't go like that, so get out.

分享到
重点单词
  • rubbishn. 垃圾,废物,废话 v. 贬损
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • jailn. 监牢,监狱,拘留所 vt. 监禁,下狱
  • tann. 黝黑,棕褐色 v. 晒黑,鞣(革),使晒成棕褐色
  • detectiveadj. 侦探的 n. 侦探
  • beatv. 打败,战胜,打,敲打,跳动 n. 敲打,拍子,心跳
  • photographern. 摄影师
  • coveringn. 覆盖物,遮避物 adj. 掩护的,掩盖的
  • particularadj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的 n. 个别项目
  • smudgen. 污点,渍痕,浓烟 v. (使)变脏,(使)模糊