吃透职场美剧《丑女贝蒂》第160期:独自一人仍然可以参加晚会
日期:2013-03-28 17:50

(单词翻译:单击)

试听正文

特别声明

该节目由可可原创,讲解为可可签约编辑编写。

视频出处

本期影视片花选自《丑女贝蒂》第四季第五集。

影视片花

台词欣赏

Ahem! What do you mean, you're not going to the party?

什么 你真的不去那个舞会了

Hilda, it's fine.It's not like anyone's gonna miss me anyway.

希尔达 我没事 没人会想我

Daniel's off with his new best friend Natalie and...

丹尼尔邀请了他的新知己

and, and, and, what, Betty?

然后 然后什么 贝蒂

And, yes, Hilda, Matt is still going with someone else, and it still sucks.I can't just walk in there alone.

马特邀请了其他人 真是太糟了 我不能独自一人去

Yes, you can.

你可以的

It's so Julia Roberts from "My Best Friend's Wedding."I love that for you.

就像我“最好朋友的婚礼”中的“朱莉娅.罗伯茨” 我真是爱死了

Betty, why are you holding on so hard to Matt?

贝蒂 为什么还放不下马特

He has clearly moved on. Why don't you?

他已经放下了 你呢

I don't know. It's just, everything's changing so fast.Things are weird with Daniel at work,and I just really thought that Matt and I could have a future.I just wish one thing could stay the same.

我不知道 一切变得太快 和丹尼尔工作很奇怪 我原以为马特和我还有戏 我只期望一切别变得那么快

Well, we're not going anywhere.So can't that be enough for you for a while?

我们哪里都不会去 这会让你好点吗

No. Unh-unh!

不会 你这家伙

What am I doing?I've worked too hard to let someone else stop me from having fun at this party——a party i was invited to.

我在干什么 我工作很努力 谁也不能阻止我享受这场派对

There you go!

你就该去呀

So what if I'm alone?

这样我一个人去

Yeah, who cares?

谁在乎呢

I deserve this, and I'm going. Oh... I forgot to get a dress.

我值得拥有 我要去 我没有晚礼服

Oh, I got it! Remember when you put on a little weight last spring?

有了 妈妈 还记得去年春天你肥了

Remember when I did what? Let's not pretend.

记得什么 没装了

I need scissors, thread and the dress you wore to Archie's fund-raiser. This is my "project runway" moment, and I'm gonna make it work!

我需要剪刀 针线 还有你出席亚奇募捐穿的裙子 这是我天桥风云时刻 我要大展拳脚

重点讲解

第一、词汇窜烧

1 scissors n.剪刀

2 thread n.线

3 fund n.基金

4 raiser n.筹集者

5 project n.计划

6 runway n.跑道

第二、短语回顾

1. go to the party:参加晚会

e.g. If I don't go to the party,I shall feel that I'm missing out.

如果我不去参加那个舞会,我就会感到失去享乐的机会。

2. have a future:有前途

e.g. You'll never have a future if all you do is slop around all day.

如果你只是整天游手好闲地荡来荡去你决不会有前途。

3. work hard:努力工作,努力学习

e.g. I have been very lazy but I am going to turn over a new leaf and work hard.

我一向很懒,但我准备改正,用功学习。

4. someone else:别人

e.g. He was jealous when he discovered that she loved someone else.

当他发现她爱别人的时候,他吃醋了。

5. have fun:玩得愉快,玩得高兴

e.g. Until the grown-ups come to fetch us we'll have fun.

在大人找来之前,咱们在这儿尽情玩耍。

6. at this party:在晚会上

e.g. I shall not by rights be at this party at all. I am on duty tonight .

我照理不该参加这个聚会,因为今晚我值班。

第三、短语学习

1. hold on (to something):坚持(住)

e.g. He has been trying hard to hold on to his temper.

他一直尽力控制自己不发脾气。

e.g. I feel a bit tired. However, I can hold on.

我有点累了,但我能坚持下去。

2. move on:更换(工作或话题等)

e.g. I think we've talked enough about that;let's move on.

我想那一点我们已谈得够多了,谈点别的吧。

e.g. Forget it, and move on to tomorrow.

要再想它了,关心明天的事儿吧!

3. at work:在工作,在干活

e.g. He did very little on his first day at work.

他头一天上班工作做得很少。

e.g. He is still at work on the restoration.

他仍忙着做维修工作.

4. for a while:暂时,一会儿

e.g. I'm feeling rather peculiar I think I'll lie down for a while.

我觉得不太舒服——我想躺一会儿.

e.g. Please take care of the baby for me for a while, will you?

请替我照顾一下这孩子,好吗?

5. stop sb. from doing something:阻止某人做某事

Can't you stop your son from getting into trouble?

你能不能制止你儿子别惹上麻烦?

I only just managed to stop myself from shouting at him.

我极力控制住自己没对他喊叫起来。

第四、实用口语

1. 表示自己的一种莫名的感觉,心中有一种疑虑某事好像会如何,可以套用这个句型:

It is like+句子。

句型操练:It is like we shall see him no more.

好像不会再见到他了。

源于台词:It's not like anyone's gonna miss me anyway.

2. 你的那朋友把您甩掉了,而跟另一个女孩,这种情况的描述可以套用下面这个句型:

Sb is off with another one.

指点迷津:off在这里是副词,意思是“离开”。

句型操练:My boyfriend was off with my classmate, Juliet.

我的男友离开我了,和我同班同学Juliet好上了。

源于台词:Daniel's off with his new best friend Natalie

3. 表示事情很糟糕,可以套用下面这个句型:

It sucks.

指点迷津:suck是美国俚语,意思是“烂”。

源于台词:... and it still sucks.

4. 不好的经历给一个人带来很大心灵创伤,让他很难忘记,这种情况可以用这个句型去描述:

Sb holds on hard to something (or somebody).

句型操练:I am still upset because of my bad experiences at a party a long time ago. I have been holding hard to it.

我依然感到不安,因为很久以前的一次晚会上,不愉快的经历,我无法忘掉。

源于台词:Betty, why are you holding on so hard to Matt?

4. 描述你和某人在什么事情,你对这件事情有一种什么样的感受,可以套用下面句型:

Thing are + adj. with sb. att+名词。

句型操练:Things are weird with Mary at study.

和玛丽在一起学习有点奇怪。

源于台词:Things are weird with Daniel at work...

5. 变化有时候让人心里无法接受,由于这种情况,心里很不安和焦虑,烦躁,都希望保持原状,这样的情况可以这样描述:

Sb wishes things could stay the same.

指点迷津:stay在这里是系动词,意思是“保持住......”。

源于台词:I just wish one thing could stay the same.

6. 一个人做某事才会有知足感,满足感,我们可以这样描述:

It is enough for you to do something.

句型操练:It is enough for me to get a ballet shoes.

有一双芭蕾舞鞋,我就感到非常满足了。

源于台词:So can't that be enough for you for a while?

7. 表示某人做某事会成功,可以这样说:

Sb makes it work.

源于台词:... and I'm gonna make it work!

分享到
重点单词
  • threadn. 线,细丝,线索,思路,螺纹 vt. 穿线于,穿过,
  • deservevi. 应该得到 vt. 应受,值得
  • upsetadj. 心烦的,苦恼的,不安的 v. 推翻,翻倒,扰乱
  • pretendv. 假装,装作 adj. 假装的
  • balletn. 芭蕾舞
  • restorationn. 恢复,归还,复位
  • tempern. 脾气,性情 vt. 使缓和,调和 n. 调剂
  • scissorsn. 剪刀