吃透职场美剧《丑女贝蒂》第229期:不停我的就下课吧
日期:2013-08-14 18:15

(单词翻译:单击)

试听正文

中英对白

And then it hit me.

之后 忽然来灵感

Why don't I write a story Called Walk a Mile in Her Shoes?

不如试试写篇叫《鞋行一英里》

I can feature a specific shoe and then attach a personal story of an inspiring woman

我可以针对一对鞋子写 然后再附上篇人物的故事

who wears that shoe in her daily life,

写这人平日就穿着这鞋做着令人鼓舞的事

like a woman who builds houses for the poor and her work boot,

比如说帮贫穷人民盖房子的女人的工靴

or a charitable executive and her designer heels.

或者是慈善总监和她的品牌高跟鞋

I mean, uh, comfortable stiletto.

我意思是舒服的细跟鞋

Who's really gonna believe that anyway, right?

没人会真信有这回事的 对吧

What was wrong with the assignment you were given, Betty?

你觉得那题目有什么毛病 Betty

Back up.

后倾

Nothing. I just thought that it was a little light and I could put it in my own voice.

没啊 我只是觉得那主题稍显肤浅 然后能表达下我自己的想法

You're not paid for your voice. You're paid to imitate mine.

不是雇你来让你发表感想的 我们雇你来效仿我想法的

I chose that story for you.

我帮你选的题目

Sorry. I just thought that...

对不起 我以为

You do make a good point.

说得倒是没错

The story does need something , a new writer.

那篇文是要点什么 要新写手

You can go. That's right , Betty. You get nothing.

没你事了 听到没 Betty 你啥都没得写了

Everyone,watch betty leave.

全部人目送Betty离开

重点讲解

Script: What was wrong with the assignment you were given, Betty?

【要点讲解be wrong with:......有问题,......有毛病,......不对劲

e.g. Don't be such a hypochondriac!—there's nothing wrong with you.

别这么忧心忡忡的了!—你根本没病。

e.g. There's nowt wrong with it.

这没什么错。

e.g. These children personify all that is wrong with the education system.

这些儿童充分体现了教育制度的缺陷。

e.g. There must be something wrong with my left arm, which is asleep.

我的左臂发麻,一定出什么问题了。

Script: Back up.

要点讲解back up:支持

e.g. His employers, Norfolk social services, backed him up.

他的雇主——诺福克社会服务中心给予了他支持。

e.g. We firmly back up the just struggles of the oppressed people of the world.

我们坚决支持世界被压迫人民的正义斗争。

Script: You do make a good point.

【要点讲解】make a point:表明一种看法,立论

e.g. I make a point of taking a walk before supper.

我规定在晚饭前出外散步一次。

e.g. I make a point of watching TV for an hour every day.

我认为每天应该看一小时电视。

e.g. Let me make a point of history about democratic development.

且让我谈一谈民主的发展历史。

e.g. I always make a point of giving a hand to others.

我始终认为帮助别人是重要的。

Script: Everyone,watch betty leave.

【要点讲解】watch sb do something:看着某人做某事

e.g. I watch her leave out of his office.

我看着她离开办公室。

分享到
重点单词
  • socialadj. 社会的,社交的 n. 社交聚会
  • executiveadj. 行政的,决策的,经营的,[计算机]执行指令 n
  • designern. 设计者
  • scriptn. 手稿,脚本,手迹 vt. 为...准备手稿
  • specificadj. 特殊的,明确的,具有特效的 n. 特效药,特性
  • imitatevt. 仿制,仿造,模仿,仿效
  • democraticadj. 民主的,大众的,平等的
  • inspiringadj. 令人振奋的,激励人的,鼓舞人心的
  • attachv. 附上,系上,贴上,使依恋
  • assignmentn. 分配,功课,任务,被指定的(课外)作业;(分派的)