吃透职场美剧《丑女贝蒂》第217期:一场虚惊
日期:2013-08-02 21:46

(单词翻译:单击)

试听正文

Oh, thank god!

感谢上帝

Thank god. Right? Yeah.

感谢上帝 没错吧 没错

I mean, I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a little disappointed.

说实话 我稍微有一点失望

But it's all for the best. I was getting ahead of myself.

但这样最好了 是我有点急了

It's not the right time.

时机还不合适

Not at all.Oh, my god. I have to tell Hilda.

完全不 天啊 我得告诉希尔达

Yeah, but it's not that bad.

但这不算坏事吧

I mean, uh, she's practically engaged to Archie, right?

她和阿奇算是已经订婚了吧

Betty? What's going on?

贝蒂 怎么样了

Whatever it is, I support you. Look, I'm not mad. All clear.

不管怎么样 我都支持你 我真的没生气 没事了

Oh, thank you, god. I was gonna kill myself.

谢天谢地 我刚刚真想一了百了

Sorry, mija.

真抱歉 宝贝女儿

It's fine, Papi. I'm relieved, too.

没事的 爸爸 我也觉得如释重负

Good. Me, too. She said it first.

很好 我也是 是她先说的

Look, let's just all go downstairs

我们都下楼吧

and try to have a nice, traditional Christmas.

过一个愉快传统的圣诞节

Oh, um... Papi, can you just wait before you...

爸爸 你能再等等

Whew! False alarm! Hey! All right!

一场虚惊 好了

Back soon. Sweater.

马上回来 去穿件毛衣

But you're already wearing a s-sweater.

但你正穿着毛衣呢

No, no, no, no, no. Come on.

别 别去了 来吧

Let's all go in and start this dinner. Please.

我们开饭吧 来吧

Okay. Good. I'm starving.

很好 我饿坏了

重点讲解

Script: But it's all for the best.

【要点讲解for the best:最好的结果,向好的结果发展

e.g We must carry on hoping for the best.

我们必须继续抱最好的希望。

e.g The wary Major thought that all things were for the best.

老谋深算的少校认为一切都在好转。

e.g Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

往最好处着想, 作最坏的打算。

Script: I was getting ahead of myself.

【要点讲解get ahead of:超过,胜过

e.g You have to get ahead of other competitors.

你必须超越其他参赛者。

e.g Many tried to get ahead of him, but none succeeded.

许多人想超过他,但没人办得到。

e.g Only hard work can get you ahead of your competitors.

你只有努力工作才能超过竞争对手。

Script: I mean, uh, she's practically engaged to Archie, right?

要点讲解be engaged to somebody:与......订婚

e.g They announced to the assembled guests that they were engaged to be married.

他们向聚会的客人们宣布他们已订婚。

e.g He'd been in love, engaged to be married, lady broke it off.

他曾爱过一个女子,订过婚,但那位小姐毁了婚约。

e.g John got engaged to her when traveling last winter.

去年冬天旅行时,约翰与她订了婚。

Script: What's going on?

【要点讲解go on:发生,进行

e.g While this conversation was going on, I was listening with earnest attention.

这场对话进行的时候,我聚精会神地听着。

e.g I don't know what's going on.

我不知道发生了什么事。

分享到
重点单词
  • traditionaladj. 传统的
  • conversationn. 会话,谈话
  • scriptn. 手稿,脚本,手迹 vt. 为...准备手稿
  • announced宣布的
  • engagedadj. 忙碌的,使用中的,订婚了的
  • waryadj. 小心的,机警的
  • disappointedadj. 失望的
  • relievedadj. 放心的,放松的,免除的