吃透职场美剧《丑女贝蒂》第225期:温馨的圣诞夜
日期:2013-08-09 16:23

(单词翻译:单击)

试听正文

中英对白

That was a lovely dinner.

今天的晚餐真愉快

You have such a nice family.

你的家庭真幸福美满

Thank you.

谢谢

We should do this again.

我们应该再聚一次

Maybe Easter/Passover.

可以过复活节加逾越节

I'd like that.

好主意

Just don't tell my mother.

只要不告诉我妈

She'd kill me if she knew I was dating someone who wasn't Jewish.

要是她知道我男友不是犹太人她会杀了我

I'm sorry I freaked out before.

不好意思我之前有点大惊小怪了

Everything you said was so sweet.

你那些话很贴心

I wasn't really in a place to hear it, but...

那时候我没留心听 不过

I'm really glad you said it.

你说的那些真的让我好开心

I meant it.

我是认真的

I know. I know it's not the right time, but

我知道时机还没有成熟 不过

when we were waiting for the thing,

当我们期待着同样的结果

It was like I could see our whole future

仿佛我可以看到未来种种

falling into place all around us.

都仅仅围绕着你我

That's crazy, right?

有点疯狂吧

No, that's not crazy.

不是 那不是疯狂

Sometimes I imagine that, too.

我有时也会幻想

What do you see?

你想到了什么呢

It's silly.

挺傻的

And I'd much rather focus on what I'm seeing right now.

我还是更期望着眼当下

That sounds good, too.

听起来也不错

Merry Christmas/Hanukkah.

圣诞和光明节快乐

Merry Christmas/Hanukkah.

圣诞和光明节快乐

重点讲解

Script: I'm sorry I freaked out before.

【要点解析freak out:(使)极度兴奋;行为反常

e.g. We are going to freak out if you do not show up.

你不来我们就要发疯了。

e.g. The bond market could freak out over excessive national debt.

过高的国家债务可能让债券市场陷入恐慌。

e.g. I've never been good with scary movies. They really freak me out.

我看不来惊悚片,它们真的会让我吓破胆。

Script: I know it's not the right time, but when we were waiting for the thing, it was like I could see our whole future, falling into place all around us.

【要点解析】wait for

(1)观望形势后再作决定, 见风使舵

e.g. She waited for the cat to jump before she made up her mind.

她观望了形势以后才作出决定。

(2)等待;等候

e.g. I've been waiting for the bus for half an hour.

我等车已等了半个小时了。

e.g. He always has to be waited for.

他老是要人等他。

e.g. The shepherd boy waited for his sheep to drink.

牧童等羊喝水。

e.g. He is waiting for something good to turn up.

他正期待着情况好转。

fall into:掉进,陷入; 堕入; 陷于

e.g. The landlord had let the building fall into decay .

房东不管,房子已经破烂不堪。

e.g. We are likely to fall into step with them.

我们可能接受他们的意见。

e.g. Don't let it fall into the hands of the enemy.

不要让它落入敌人手中。

e.g. It's no use letting yourself fall into the dumps.

你听任自己的情绪低沉下去一点用也没有。

Script: And I'd much rather focus on what I'm seeing right now.

【要点解析focus on:专心致志于......致力于; 使聚焦于; 对(某事或做某事)予以注意; 把…作为兴趣中心

e.g. The noise made it hard for me to focus on work.

噪音让我无法集中注意力工作。

e.g. The talks will focus on economic development of the region.

会谈将着重讨论该地区的经济发展。

e.g. Stop looking for things we don't know and focus on what we do know.

别管那些我们不知道的想想我们知道什么?

e.g. Lampeter has a special focus on the humanities and social sciences.

兰姆斯特特别注重于人文和社会科学。

分享到
重点单词
  • decayv. (使)衰退,(使)腐败,腐烂 n. 衰退,腐败,腐
  • bondn. 债券,结合,粘结剂,粘合剂 vt. 使结合,为 .
  • socialadj. 社会的,社交的 n. 社交聚会
  • scriptn. 手稿,脚本,手迹 vt. 为...准备手稿
  • excessiveadj. 过多的,过分的