吃透职场美剧《丑女贝蒂》第89期:不幸啊,把妻子弄丢了一半
日期:2012-08-24 20:45

(单词翻译:单击)

试听正文

特别声明

改节目由可可原创,未经可可许可请勿转载。

备注

本期影视视频精选自《丑女贝蒂》第四季第一集。

经典台词先品为快

They lost half my wife.

他们把我半个妻子弄丢了。

It's a relief to hear about somebody else's problems.

听听别人的麻烦也是一种解脱。

暴风句型先读为快

Are you okay?你还好么?

It's okay.没事了。

How have things been going?事情进展如何?

How's life as an editor?做编辑的日子怎么样?

影视片花

台词欣

Betty: Daniel! Oh, my god!

丹尼尔 天啊

I was just thinking about calling you.

我正想要给你打电话

Are you back? Are you okay?

你怎么样 怎么样

Daniel:Sort of. I'm having a bit of an issue here at the airport.

还行 我在机场出了点小问题

Betty:So you may be on some terrorist watch list for now,

现在你可能只是暂时在恐怖分子监控名单上

but they're not gonna press charges.

但他们是不会指控的

Daniel:Press charges. I should press charges.

指控 我应该提出指控

Betty, they lost my wife.

他们把我妻子弄丢了

Betty:Daniel, weren't you gonna spread her ashes at the Jokhang Temple?

丹尼尔你不是要把她的骨灰洒在大昭寺的吗

Daniel:I did, but I decided to keep some of the ashes.

我是洒了但我决定留一点

But then they made me check the urn, and they lost her.

但他们让我再检查一下骨灰瓮结果他们把它弄丢了

They lost half my wife.

他们把我半个妻子弄丢了

Betty:But they found her. You have the urn. It's okay.

但他们找到了 你拿到了骨灰瓮 没事了

Daniel, I know you want to stay at Molly's apartment, but...

丹尼尔 我知道你想要住在莫莉的公寓

Is that really the best idea?

但这样好吗

Daniel:Look, it's fine.

没事的

My apartment's on the market. I need a place to stay.

我的公寓正在出售 我得有个地方待

Besides, I have to go through her things anyway.

而且我还要整理她的东西

Betty:All right. If you think it's okay.

好吧 如果你觉得没事的话

Daniel:Enough about me.

那样就够了

I want to hear about how things have been going.

我想听听最近发生了什么

How's life as an editor?

做编辑的日子怎么样

Betty:Great. Really great. Good. It's good.

很好 非常好

Daniel:You are a bad liar.

你一向撒不来谎

Betty:I know. But I'm not gonna complain about my problems to you.

我知道的 但我不会向你抱怨的 那是我的问题

Daniel:Betty, trust me.

贝蒂 相信我

It's a relief to hear about somebody else's problems.

听听别人的麻烦也是一种解脱

学习笔记

词汇精讲:

PressVt.

Exp. to express or repeat sth in a forceful way

坚持,反复强调

Eg. I don't want topress the point, but you do owe me $200.

我不想老是提这一点,但是你确实欠我200美金。

Eg. She is stillpressing her claimfor compensation.

她仍然坚持索赔。

Eg. They were determined topress their caseat the highest level.

他们决心把事情闹到最高层。

Charge N.

Exp. claim that a person has done wrong, esp a formal claim that he has committed a crime; accusation

指责; 指控; (尤指)控告

Eg. He was arrestedon a charge ofmurder.

他以谋杀罪被捕。

Eg. Iresent the chargesof incompetence made against me.

说我无能, 我感到很气愤。

Spread Vt.

Exp. to cause sb/sth to be in a number of different places

使分散,使分布

Eg. Seeds and pollen arespread bythe wind.

种子和花粉已是随风传播的。

Eg. Wehave 10 000 members spreadall over the country.

我们有一万名成员分布在全国各地。

AshN.

Exp. the powder that is left after a dead person's body has been burned

骨灰,遗骸

Ps:在这里是骨灰的意思,表示骨灰这意思,要用其复数形式,即:ashes.

Eg. She wanted herashes to be scattered at sea.

她希望她的骨灰洒向大海。

UrnN.

Exp. tall vase, usu with a stem and a base, esp one used for holding the ashes of a cremated person

瓮; (尤指)骨灰瓮

ReliefUN.

Exp. the feeling of happiness that you have when sth unpleasant stops or does not happen

Eg. We allbreathed a sigh of reliefwhen he left.

她走了后,我们大家如释重负地松了口气。

Eg. Shesighed with relief.

她松了口气。

Eg. Muchto my reliefthe car was not damaged.

我们非常庆幸的是车没有顺坏。

Eg. News of their safetycameas a great relief.

他们的平安给大家带来巨大的安慰。

Eg. It wasa relief tobe able to talk to someone about it.

能和别人谈谈这事情,舒心多了。

短语提炼和讲解:

1.think about doing:考虑做某事

Ps:动词性短语

Exp. About介词,它后面可以接名词,代词也可以接动名词。

Eg. Hawkins noted how embarrassing it would be for the public to see someone who got caught shoplifting." Maybe they'llthink twice about doing it.

Hawkins解释道偷窃被抓到示众是多么尴尬的事情,也许他们会重新考虑做不做这种事情

Eg. He had never seen Clem act like that before, and he did not know what tothink aboutit.

他以前从来就没有看到过克莱姆有这样举动,不知该怎么想。

2.stay at:暂住在......,投宿在......

Ps:动词性短语

Exp. At是介词,表示地点。

Eg. I would just as soon take a walk asstay at home.

我与其待在家里还不如去散步。

Eg. They would rather go fishing thanstay at home.

他们宁愿去钓鱼,也不愿待在家里。

3.sort of:有几分,有那么点儿

Ps:副词性短语

Exp: 它修饰形容词。

Eg. Dad seemed to take your goingsort of hard.

你父亲看来非常舍不得离开你。

Eg. I now practice reciting it mechanicallyin a sort of chant.

现在我的叙述是陈腔滥调,呆板无味。

4.on the market:上市,出售

Ps:介词性短语

Exp. 它可以和系动词连用,表示某样东西上市,在出售,它也可以做定语修饰名词,表示在出售的东西,也可以和动词连用。

Eg. Fresh bamboo shoots willbe on the marketthis month.

新鲜竹笋本月将上市。

Eg. Theyputa new producton the market.

他们向市场推出一种新产品。

Eg. There are morechickens on the marketthan people wishing to buy them.

市场上的鸡比想购买鸡的人的数量要多。

5.go through:仔细检查

Ps:动词性短语

Exp. Through是介词,它后面可以接名词,代词或动名词短语等。在这里是“仔细整理收拾”的意思。

Eg. I'll have togo throughall the clips on the event before I can give an opinion.

我在提出看法前先得阅读关于这一事件的所有剪报。

6.have an issue:有问题,出现问题,发生事情

Eg. In general, I don’thave an issue withthe spell.

通常来讲,我并不会有拼写错误的问题。

7.at the airport:在机场

Ps:介词性短语

Exp. 表示在机场的活动,用介词at,不要用in。

Eg. I've arranged for a car to pick you upat the airport.

我已安排了一辆车去机场接你。

Eg. Our papers are checked as we go through passport controlat the airport.

我们通过机场查验护照的关卡时, 查验了我们的证件。

8.hear about:听说

Ps:动词性短语

Exp. About是介词,后面可以接名词,代词或动名词短语或宾语从句。

Eg. I was sorry tohear about your illness.

听说你病了,我很难过。

Eg. We were relieved tohear about his being rescued.

听说他获救,我们感到放心了

9.complain about sth to sb:向......抱怨,投诉

Ps:动词性短语

Eg. The man who likes to beef oftenhas little tocomplain about.

喜欢发牢骚的人往往并没有什么值得抱怨的事。

Eg. Stop moaning; you reallyhave nothing to complain about.

别悲叹了,你真的没什么好抱怨的。

分享到
重点单词
  • issuen. 发行物,期刊号,争论点 vi. & vt 发行,流
  • pollenn. [植]花粉,[昆]粉面(双翅目昆虫的易落粉) vt
  • spreadv. 伸展,展开,传播,散布,铺开,涂撒 n. 伸展,传
  • chantn. 圣歌,赞美诗,旋律,喊叫 vt. 吟唱,诵扬,叫喊
  • basen. 基底,基础,底部,基线,基数,(棒球)垒,[化]碱
  • forcefuladj. 有力的,强烈的
  • determinedadj. 坚毅的,下定决心的
  • incompetencen. 无能力,不合格,不能胜任
  • liarn. 说谎者
  • compensationn. 补偿,赔偿; 赔偿金,物