吃透职场美剧《丑女贝蒂》第153期:丹尼尔惊讶母亲的艳事
日期:2013-03-21 11:47

(单词翻译:单击)

试听正文

特别声明

该节目由可可原创,讲解为可可签约编辑编写。

视频出处

本期影视片花选自《丑女贝蒂》第四季第五集。

影视片花

台词欣赏

Meagen: And then four pages of minis...We're calling it " The Thigh's The Limit" and that's February.

然后是四页袖珍本 我们叫它大腿之限 那是二月份的了

Daniel: Great. um, but where's the "Wit and Whimsy" column?

好 那智慧和奇想专栏在哪里

Meagen: I was told that column was being cut.

他们告诉我那专栏被砍了

Daniel: No, it's not being cut. I was very specific about that.

不 没有被砍 我很看重它的

Meagen: Well, that's the message I got from your mother.

我是从你母亲那里得到消息的

Daniel: What? I don't care if he's in a meeting.Oh, my god!

什么 我不管他是不是在开会 老天啊

Clair: Oh, my god. Daniel! I should have told you before about Cal and me.

老天啊 丹尼尔 我早该告诉你我和卡尔的事

Daniel: I don't want to hear about it.

我不想听

Clair: But you deserve to know.

但你应该知道

We were involved before. it was a long time ago,when your father and I were going through a particularly...

我们之前就在一起了 很久以前 当时你父亲和我去一个特殊的

Daniel: No, wait, are you saying you had an affair with him? Please, I'm trying to...Stop! okay? Don't talk to me.

等等 你是说你以前就跟他有一腿 抱歉 我是想 住嘴 不要和我说话

Clair: I told you you should have let him go.That's easy for you to say, but I'm not that kind of a parent.

我告诉过你 你早该放他走 说得容易 我可不是那样的家长

Cal: Maybe we just don't think the same when it comes to our kids. Hmm. You know, maybe it's better that things didn't work out with ours.

也许我们都没想过 如果这事发生在我们孩子身上 你知道吗 我们的事情成不了更好

Clair: Why would you say something like that? You have no idea how hard that was for me.

你怎么能那么说 你根本不知道我有多难

Cal: I'm sorry.

抱歉

重点讲解

第一、词汇精讲

1 deserve vt. 应受(奖赏﹑ 特殊待遇等); 应得

e.g. She deserves a reward for her efforts.

她积极努力, 应得到奖赏。

e.g. He richly deserved all that happened to him.

他得到这一切确是受之无愧。

2 involved adj. 有(密切)关系的

e.g. Mary become emotionally involved with John.

Mary和John感情缠绵。

e.g. He sees her often but doesn't want to get too involved.

他常与她来往, 但不愿缱绻难分。

第二、词汇泛讲

1 minis adj.迷你的, 袖珍的, 微型的

2 thigh c.n. 大腿

第三、短语学习

1. get the message (form somebody):从某人那里得到信息

e.g. I' ve sent after him and hope he’ ll get the message.

我已派人去找他了,希望他会得到这个信息。

e.g.Did you get the message I sent you this morning?

你有没有收到我今天早上传给你的简讯?

2. tell sb about sb:告诉某人关于某人的情况

e.g. He had so many curious and interesting tales to tell us about them.

他讲述着许许多多这些方面的稀奇古怪而饶有风趣的故事。

e.g. Today we tell you about the well-known American poet, Walt Whitman.

今天我们为大家介绍美国著名的诗人,沃尔特?惠特曼。

3. hear about:听说

e.g. What's this business I hear about you losing your job?

听说你丢掉了工作, 究竟是怎么回事?

e.g. Did you hear about Jack and Mary?

你听说杰克和玛丽的事没有?

4. go through:经历,经受(尤指苦难或艰难时期)

e.g. He was going through a very difficult time.

他正处于非常艰难的时期。

e.g. South Africa was going through a period of irreversible change.

南非正在经历一场不可逆转的变革。

5. have an affair with:与......通奸,与......关系暧昧

e.g. It 's an open secret that he 's have an affair with his secretary.

他跟秘书的恋情是一个公开的秘密。

e.g. It is said that the judge has an illicit love affair with a film star.

据说那个法官与一个电影明星私通。

6. that kind of :那种

e.g. Be quiet ! We don' t want to hear that kind of dirt !

别说了! 我们不想听那种下流话!

e.g. I am not going to stand for that kind of behaviour.

我再也不能容忍那种行为了。

7. have no idea:不知道

e.g. We have no idea how to persuade him to give up the idea.

我们不知道如何说服他放弃这个念头。

e.g. If you have no idea about it, consult a dictionary, please.

要是你对这个问题不清楚, 请你查字典得了。

第四、语法点拨

1. I should have told you before about Cal and me.

点拨:这句话使用了虚拟语气,谓语结构是should have done,这个结构表示过去本应该做的事情而没有做。

2. I told you you should have let him go.

点拨:这句话中的宾语从句使用了虚拟语气,谓语结构是should have done,这个结构表示过去本应该做的事情而没有做。

第五、实用口语

1. 表示有人告诉某人什么情况,可以套用下面这个句型:

Sb is told ( that ) + 从句。

源于台词:Meagen: I was told that column was being cut.

2. 当我们很烦的时候,情绪超过了理智,不管什么后果了。当有人劝阻你的时候,你说:“我不管......”。这句话用英文可以这样说:

Sb does not care + 从句。

源于台词:Daniel: I don't care if he's in a meeting.

3. 表示做某事对于某人来说很容易,可以套用下面这个句型:

It is easy for somebody to do something.

源于台词:Clair: That's easy for you to say...

4. 表达在某件事情发生相爱某人身上,他的想法,意见与别人的不一致,可以套用下面的这个句型:

Sb. does not the same when it comes to him.

源于台词:Cal: Maybe we just don't think the same when it comes to our kids.

分享到
重点单词
  • illicitadj. 非法的,禁止的,不正当的
  • deservevi. 应该得到 vt. 应受,值得
  • deservedadj. 应得的;理所当然的 v. 值得;应得;应受报答
  • columnn. 柱,圆柱,柱形物,专栏,栏,列
  • whimsyn. 怪念头,心情浮动,反覆无常
  • consultv. 商讨,向 ... 请教,查阅
  • persuadevt. 说服,劝说
  • curiousadj. 好奇的,奇特的
  • specificadj. 特殊的,明确的,具有特效的 n. 特效药,特性