吃透职场美剧《丑女贝蒂》第152期:我不想不务正业了
日期:2013-03-20 17:47

(单词翻译:单击)

试听正文

特别声明

该节目由可可原创,讲解为可可签约编辑编写。

视频出处

期影视片花选自《丑女贝蒂》第四季第五集。

影视片花

台词欣赏

The writers finished a draft of your speech.

作者们已经完成了你演讲的草稿

I think it's appropriately faux-modest, yet preachy.

我觉得太假 太罗嗦了

You should probably take a look at it, though.

你还是该自己看一下

Ugh, I don't care.

我不在乎了

Are you okay, Willie?

你还好吗 威莉

I was worried when you raced out of here this morning.

今天早上你冲出去 我很担心

Everything is fine. But I need you to do some research. See what dirt you can dig up on this.

一切都好 但我需要你做点调查 看看你能从这个人身上挖到多少料

No. Willie, please. I'm sorry, but I can't.

不 威莉 拜托 我不能

I took this job because I wanted to be a fashion editor, not a blackmailer or a digger of dirt or fond as I am of ascots and monocles——a junior detective. I'm sorry.

我来这里工作是因为我想做时尚编辑 而不是敲诈者或者狗仔队 或者让人认为我很喜欢八卦 作什么侦探 抱歉

I can't spend one more moment of my life scrounging around in dumpsters, looking for horrible information on people.

我不能再花费生命中的时间 在闲聊中挖料找别人的小辫子了

Enough is enough. I.... I can't do it anymore. I'm sorry.

够了 我不能再做了 抱歉

Nicol killed her boyfriend. I covered it up.

妮可杀了她男朋友 我替她瞒下了

This detective is blackmailing me, and I don't have the money.

这个侦探在勒索我 我没有钱

I need to find out something on this guy or we both go to jail.

我要找到这个人的小辫子 不然我们两个就要去坐牢

Uh, I'll get right on it.

我这就去办

重点讲解

第一、词汇学习

1. appropriately adv. 适当地

e.g.The acting chairman did everything appropriately.

代理主席把每件事都做得恰如其分。

2. faux adj. 假的

e.g. They're faux fun, and they lead straight to misery.

它们是冒牌货,而且直接导致出悲伤。

3. preachy adj. 说教的

e.g.In such roles, they need to be careful about getting too serious and preachy.

在这样角色里,他们需要注意别过分的严肃和说教。

4. junior adj.资历较浅的,低级的

e.g.He likes to lord it over the junior staff.

他喜欢对下级职员逞威风。

5. detective n.侦探

e.g.The detective tried to reason out how the thief had escaped.

这个侦探反复琢磨想弄明白那个窃贼是怎样逃跑的。

6. scrounge v.四处搜寻

e.g.I managed to scrounge the materials to build a shed.

我设法弄来点材料搭个棚子。

7. dumpster n.<美>大型垃圾箱

e.g.A dumpster out front hadn't yet been carted away.

院外的垃圾箱还没有拖走。

第二、短语学习

1. cover up:掩饰,掩盖

e.g.He suspects there's a conspiracy to cover up the crime.

他怀疑有人密谋掩盖犯罪事实。

e.g.They knew they had done something terribly wrong and lied to cover it up.

他们知道自己犯了十分严重的错误,于是撒谎隐瞒。

2 . take a look at:看......

e.g.You ought to open your eyes and take a look at reality.

你不睁开眼睛去看看现实的环境。

e.g.Do you have a picture of your brother I can take a look at?

你有你弟弟的照片让我看一下吗?

3. race out of:跑出

4. do some research:调查

e.g.I want to do some research before I but a new stock.

我想在买新股票之前做些研究。

5. dig up:发现,查明(信息或事实)

e.g.Managers are too expensive and important to spend time digging up market information.

经理的薪金过高,职责太过重大,不能将时间浪费在挖掘市场信息上。

e.g.His description fits perfectly the evidence dug up by Clyde.

他的描述和克莱德发现的证据正好吻合。

6. take this job:做这份工作

e.g.You can see it would be in your interest to take this job.

您一定明白接受这份工作对您自己有益。

e.g.I can assure you I'm qualified enough to take this job.

我可以向你保证我有资格取得这份工作。

7. one more moment:更多的时间

e.g.Give me only one moment more of your precious time before you cast me into darkness.

请你再给我一点点宝贵的时间,然后再叫我不明不白地走开吧。

8. scrounge around:四处收寻

9. find out:找出,弄清楚

e.g.It's important to find out what he is doing.

弄清他在干什么是重要的。

e.g.We'd better find out how the land lies before taking any action.

我们最好把情况弄清楚再采取行动。

10. get right on something:立即做某事

e.g.We need to get right on the media advertising plan.

我们必须立刻进行媒体广告企划。

第三、实用口语

1. 有的人嫉妒其他人,就会去专门找出这个人的错误或不好的事情,让他丢丑,我们中文常说“抓小辫子”,在英文中可以这么说:

Sb digs dirt up on something.

指点迷津:dig up后面接介词on,on的意思是“在某件事情上”。

源于台词:See what dirt you can dig up on this.

2. 表示马上去做某事,可以这么说:

Sb. gets right on it.

源于台词:Uh, I'll get right on it.

分享到
重点单词
  • jailn. 监牢,监狱,拘留所 vt. 监禁,下狱
  • castv. 投,掷,抛,铸造,丢弃,指定演员,加起来,投射(目
  • actingn. 演戏,行为,假装 adj. 代理的,临时的,供演出
  • detectiveadj. 侦探的 n. 侦探
  • evidencen. 根据,证据 v. 证实,证明
  • assurevt. 使确信,使放心,确保
  • preciousadj. 宝贵的,珍贵的,矫揉造作的 adv. 极其地
  • qualifiedadj. 有资格的,有限制的
  • miseryn. 痛苦,悲惨的境遇,苦难
  • stockn. 存货,储备; 树干; 血统; 股份; 家畜 adj