吃透职场美剧《丑女贝蒂》第156期:征友广告
日期:2013-03-24 06:39

(单词翻译:单击)

试听正文

特别声明

该节目由可可原创,讲解为可可签约编辑编写。

视频出处

本期影视片花选自《丑女贝蒂》第四季第五集。

影视片花

台词欣赏

Betty: Actually, I've only ever been to Mexico one time.

事实上 我只去过墨西哥一次而已

Andy: Were all the women as beautiful and voluptuous as you?

那儿的女人也和你一样美艳动人吗

All: Oh, yeah!

是啊

Betty: I don't even know how to answer that. Um...

我都不知道该怎么回答你了

Uh-oh. Uh, will you excuse me just one second?

呃 抱歉我能离开一会儿吗

Amanda, this is gonna sound really weird, but your friend is putting your stuff in his bag.

阿曼达 说起来可能有点奇怪 你朋友正在顺手牵羊来着

Amanda: Oh, no, that's just... Joe. He's kind of klepto. It's totally cool.

没事的 那是乔 他其实算是个盗窃狂 蛮酷的

Jerry: Hey, are you into me or not? 'cause if you're not, I'm gonna answer this other ad.

嗨 你对我有意思没 如果没有的话 我就去应征别的广告了

Amanda: Okay, Jerry, you're...

杰瑞 你有点喝高了

Betty: Did you just say "other ad"?

你刚才是说“别的广告”吗

Betty: Okay, get out of here. Did he just say "other ad"?

行了 快走 他刚才是说“别的广告”吗

Amanda: I do not know what he was babbling about.I think he's probably a little jealous that you are so into Dean.

我完全不知道他在瞎说些什么 他可能有点嫉妒你跟迪安太来电了

Andy: Andy!

我叫安迪

Amanda: Same thing.

都一样

Andy: Wait, this is your Craigslist ad, right?

这是你发在交友网站上的广告吧

Betty: What?

什么

Amanda: No, no!

别看 别看

Betty: Hombres, are you into plus-size chicas? Amanda! You did this?

男人们 有人喜欢胖胖女吗 阿曼达 你发的这个

Amanda: Way to stick to the plan, guys.

同志们 都别走坚持住

Andy: Okay, everybody calm down.

大家都冷静

One friend: Why don't you come over here, eat some more dip and we can all just talk a little?

为什么不过来坐下吃点蘸酱饼干 我们可以多聊聊

Betty: Look, guys, I'm sorry.I don't know why she thought it was a good idea to bring you all here, but I can't do this, so bye.

听着各位 很抱歉 我不知道她为什么认为把你们叫来是个好主意 我实在应付不来 再见

Okay, this is what we're gonna do...We're just gonna go to a couple bars, maybe see who's cruising the high line.

好吧 接下来我们要做的是一起去几家酒吧 看看谁现在正在猎艳

Betty: Amanda, just give it up!

阿曼达 别折腾了

Friends: Wait, wait, wait, Betty. She wasn't that big anyway.

等等 等等 贝蒂 其实她还不是很胖

重点讲解

第一、词汇学习

1. voluptuous adj.激起性欲的, 沉溺酒色的,撩人的

e.g.Mary is a voluptuous, well-rounded lady with glossy black hair.

Mary 是以为头发乌黑亮丽、身材丰满性感的女士。

2. klepto n. 有窃盗癖的人(俚语)

e.g.Stay away from here, she is a klepto.

离这儿远点儿,她的手脚不干净。

3. babble v.含糊不清地说, 喋喋不休

e.g.Mom babbled on and on about how he was ruining me.

妈妈喋喋不休地念叨着他正如何毁掉我。

4. plus-size n. 加大尺码(比喻为“肥胖的”)

5. cruise vt.(尤指同性恋者)在公共场寻找性伴侣

e.g.Those are gay men cruising on Clapham Common.

这些是在克拉珀姆公地寻找性伙伴的男同性恋者

第二、短语学习

1. into somebody ( or something ):喜欢某人(或某物)

e.g.I am heavily into yoga.

我非常喜欢瑜伽。

2. babble about:胡说,说蠢话

e.g.Teachers do not like students who babble on about nothing.

老师不喜欢整天不知所云的学生。

3. stick to:坚持

e.g.We must stick to our promise whether or no.

不管怎样,我们心须遵守诺言。

e.g.Stick to it and you'll make it.

坚持下去,就会成功.

4. calm down:冷静下来

e.g.Calm down, there's nothing to worry about.

冷静点儿, 没有什么好担心的。

e.g.Calm down, buddy . What's the trouble?

压压气, 老兄. 有什么麻烦 吗 ?

5. give up:停止

e.g.He was not prepared to give up that easily.

他可不是个善罢甘休的人。

e.g.You must give up all thought of marrying him.

你必须完全放弃与他结婚的念头。

分享到
重点单词
  • stickn. 枝,杆,手杖 vt. 插于,刺入,竖起 vi. 钉
  • babblevi. 呀呀学语,喋喋不休 vi. 潺潺作声 n. 含糊