《绝望的主妇》第390期:家丑不可外扬
日期:2016-03-12 17:16

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听

It had been six weeks since Andrew Van de Kamp had declared war on his mother, Bree.
从Andrew van de Kamp对他的母亲Bree宣战开始已经过去了六周了,
The final battle was about to be waged at the Fairview County Courthouse.
最终战役将在郡法院展开。
Bree knew it was about to get bloody.
Bree知道将会两败俱伤。
What she didn’t know was...
但是她不知道的是,
...the cavalry was on its way...
末日即将到来。
Bree!
Bree。
...whether she wanted them there or not.
不论她是否欢迎他们的到来。
Eleanor!
Eleanor!
Oh thank god I found you. This place is a maze.
哦,感谢上帝,我找到你了。这个地方像迷宫一样。
What are you doing here?
你来这里干什么?
Well, your father and I got a call last night from Danielle and she said that Andrew was taking you to court!
是这样,你的父亲和我昨晚接到了Danielle的电话,她说Andrew起诉你
I mean to say that we were shocked would be an understatement.
我们太震惊了。
Hello, I’m Eleanor Mason, Bree’s stepmother. You’re the lawyer? We should talk.
你好,我是Eleanor Mason。Bree的继母。你是律师吗?我们需要谈谈。
Ah, no, I not her lawyer.
哦,不是,我不是她的律师。
Good. The hair had me worried.
太好了,你的头发让我担心来着。
Peter is Mom sponsor from A.A.
Peter是妈妈AA会议的联系人。
Oh, sweetie. Since when are you in A.A.?
哦,亲爱的。何时开始你参加AA会议。
Recent development. Where’s Dad?
最近而已,爸爸去了哪里?
In chambers, with the Judge.
和法官在会议室里。
What? Why?
什么?为什么?
Everything is fine. The judge agreed to a postponement.
一切都搞定了,法官同意延期。
Oh thank god.
哦,感谢上帝。
Luckily, he remembered me. I spoke once at his law school.
幸运的是他是一个熟人。我在他的法学院做过讲演。
Pardon me, sir. I’m your daughter’s lawyer. Just so you know, we’re been waiting for hearing for weeks.
请原谅,先生。我是你女儿的律师.只是你需要知道,为这次听证我们已经等了几周了
Son, I’ve been an attorney for forty-five years. You and I both know how these cases can turn into public spectacles.
小伙子,我当律师45年了。你我都知道这类案件会多么的吸引眼球。
Our family is perfectly capable of handling this in house.
我们的家庭有能力在内部处理好。
Dad. You don understand. This has gotten really ugly.
爸爸,你不知道。事情变得很难以收拾。
That why wee here. We’re going to put this family back together.
这是我们来这里的原因。我们要将这个家庭重新团结起来。
Whatever it takes.
不论什么代价。

影视精讲

declare war: 宣战
Did somebody declare war on trees without telling me?
有人没和我招呼一声就对树木宣战了吗?
nly a psychopath would declare war on the u.s.army.
只有疯子才会向美国宣战。

recent development: 近来的发展
The article reviews the recent development in this field.
本文综述这一领域近期的研究进展。
It's a recent development. where's dad?
最近而已,爸爸去了哪里?

pardon me: 原谅我
I hope you will pardon me for that slip.
我希望您原谅我那个失误。
I was just speculating. So, pardon me.
我只是猜测,所以,请原谅我。

put back: 放回,拨回
Then as the economy picks up, you can put it back on the market in a way that will support economic growth, not undermine it.
一旦经济复苏,这些住房就可以再次进入市场,促进经济增长而不是起负面作用。

分享到
重点单词
  • spokev. 说,说话,演说
  • underminevt. 暗中损害,逐渐削弱,在(某物)下挖洞或挖通道,从
  • attorneyn. (辩护)律师
  • postponementn. 推迟
  • declarev. 宣布,声明,申报
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • slipv. 滑倒,溜走,疏忽,滑脱 n. 滑倒,溜走,疏忽,失
  • cavalryn. 骑兵
  • capableadj. 有能力的,足以胜任的,有 ... 倾向的
  • masonn. 泥瓦匠 Mason: 共济会会员