(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
CARLOS: Take care of it.
小心点。
VALET: Yes, sir.
是的,先生。
CARLOS: There's Tanaka. Time for me to go into my dance.
Tanaka在那,该是我上场的时候了。
GABRIELLE: Good luck, sweetheart.
好运,甜心。
GABRIELLE: Oh, excuse me.
哦,不好意思。
WAITER: Ma'am?
夫人?
GABRIELLE: You see that man who just walked away? Can you make sure he has a drink in his hand all. night. long.
你看到走过去的那个男人了么?你能不能保证今晚他手中一直有酒?
WAITER: Yes, ma'am.
好的,夫人。
MRS. HUBER: Susan? Susan!
Susan? Susan!
SUSAN: Oh. Mrs. Huber, how you doing?
哦,Huber夫人,最近怎么样?
MRS. HUBER: Not too well, I'm afraid. I'm trying to find something to soothe my stomach.
我恐怕,不是很好,我在找胃药。
SUSAN: It's upset?
哦,这个是不是倒了?
MRS. HUBER: Yeah, I had the worst macaroni and cheese at the wake, it's been running through my system ever since.
是啊,在守夜那天我吃到了最糟糕的通心粉和奶酪,它令我的胃至今仍感不适。
SUSAN: Oh.
哦。
MRS. HUBER: And I need to be at my best tonight. Edie Britt's son is spending the night tonight.
我需要一个最好的状态。Edie Bri的儿子今天来我家过夜。
SUSAN: He's spending the night?
他来过夜?
MRS. HUBER: Apparently, Edie is having a gentleman friend over on dinner, and I think she plans on entertaining into the wee hours, if you know what I mean.
是的,Edie今晚要和一个绅士共进晚餐,我猜她今晚打算好好享受享受,你知道我的意思吧。
MRS. HUBER: Oh, here's some antacid. Have you ever tried this...?
哦,这有些抗酸剂,你吃过这个么?
影片简介
在Mary Alice Young 描述自己拥有的完美生活的画外音中,她对准自己的太阳穴扣动了扳机。Mary的自杀震惊了她最亲密的四个朋友,而她们自己的生活也充满了纷乱的变数。单身母亲Susan对新搬来的邻居Mike一见倾心,在女儿Julie的怂恿下,她主动送去了乔迁新居的贺礼。但是英俊的Mike还吸引了Edie Britt,这个多次离婚的性感女人请Mike去看一下。
划红精讲
1. take care of: 照顾
eg. If you take care of something, you begin to love it — which makes us very vulnerable.
如果你照顾某些事情,你已经开始爱上它了——这让我们非常的投入.
2. it is time for sb. to: 是时候某人干……
eg. Now it is time for capital to invest in them.
现在,到了资本在这些工人身上投资的时候了。
3. go into: 进入(某种状态)
eg. Go into "work mode" when you're in your workspace.
当你在工作间的时候,你就应该进入“工作状态”了。
4. run through:(使)在……流过
(1) 过一遍
eg. I ran through the options with him.
我和他过了一遍那些选项。
(2) 排练
eg. Doug stood still while I ran through the handover procedure.
我排练交接程序的时候,道格站在那儿一动不动。
5. the wee hours: 深夜,凌晨(半夜后至清晨四点的时间段)
eg. He toils until the wee hours, then loosens his tie and parties like there's no tomorrow.
他加班工作直至凌晨,然后松开领带,尽情狂欢,就像是没有明天。