(单词翻译:单击)
原文试听
It’s a fact that little girls dream of big, white wedding.
小女孩总是幻想着成为白纱新娘
Of course, the exact same thing can be said for big girls.
而自然,同样的话也适用在"大"女孩的身上。
Some of whom can get incredibly anxious.
她们会焦虑万分,
waiting for the boys in their lives to make those dreams come true.
等待她们的白马王子让他们美梦成真。
Ouch. Oh. Watch it Susie.
啊!看着点 Susie。
Mom, why don’t you just go see a dressmaker?
妈,你还是去找个裁缝吧。
Wait, I have the perfect idea.
等等,我有个好主意。
You get in the dress and I’ll pin it. We wear the same size.
你穿上婚纱我自己来改它,我们的身材一样。
Since when?
什么时候一样过?
Since forever. You have to leave though. You can’t stay.
一直都是啊。你得避让一下,你不能在这。
You can’t see Susie in a wedding dress. Not until your big day.
你不能看Susie穿婚纱。直到你们的大喜日子。
Mom!
妈!
No, it’s not a problem. I can see her in it.
不,没事。我可以看她穿这件婚纱。
You can?
可以?
You can?
你可以?
I assume you want to pick out your own wedding dress when we get married, right?
我想我们结婚时候,你会自己选个新婚纱的,对吧?
Oh, that sounds like a proposal.
哦,听起来像是求婚。
Did it?
像么?
Yeah, it did.
是啊,像。
Huh, what do you know?
啊,是嘛?
Are you planning to pop the question?
你计划突然提出那句问题么?
Well, if she knows it’s coming the question won’t really ‘pop’ now, will it?
要是她知道我要问那句话,就谈不上突然了不是么?
He’s right, mom. Oh, I want it to be just like you do.
他说得对,妈。我希望你按你自己的方式来。
You know on your own terms and you get down on one knee and the whole production.
单膝跪地,然后该怎么做就怎么做。
That’s the plan.
我就是这么想的。
Well. Then I can wait. I can wait. I’m a good waiter.
我能等。我能等。等待我拿手着呢。
Good.
很好。
I was just wondering if, if there’s a ballpark of how long I will have to wait.
我就是想知道我大概要等多久。
A week, a month, after lunch?
一周,一个月,还是午饭以后?
Again, you’re not waiting for the ‘pop.’
我都说了,你不能"等待"惊喜。
Right, right, I’m sorry.
对,对,对不起。
影视精讲
dream of: 梦想
Many europeans dream of inverting this relationship.
许多欧洲人梦想扭转这一关系。
What futures do they dream of?
他们梦想的未来是怎样的呢?
come true: 成真
The jobless can only hope such predictions come true.
失业者们只能寄希望于这个预测可以实现。
pick out: 挑选
Raymond said he was able to pick out the 39-year-old combs right away based on his teenage likeness.
雷蒙德说根据年轻时的照片他马上就认出了39岁的库姆斯。