《绝望的主妇》第223期:真爱诚可贵但...
日期:2014-11-21 08:58

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


It was just awful. George had a ring. His mother and her friend were there with champagne.
当时太尴尬,George手里拿着戒指。他母亲和朋友端着香槟。
If I had said no, it would have divested him.
我要是说“不愿意”肯定对他造成打击。
So you agreed to marry him just to be polite?
你同意嫁给他就是出于礼貌原因?
Well, obviously there’s a down side to having good manners.
呃,很明显有时过于礼貌也不好啊。
So, when will you tell him how you really feel?
那么你打算什么时候告诉他你的真实感受?
That’s why I wanted to talk to you. I mean, part of me just keeps thinking maybe I should just do it.
所以我才来找你啊。一部分的我在想就这么做。
Do it? You mean actually marry him?
做?你是说真的要嫁给他?
Well, I know it sounds rash, but, well, there’s something comfortable about George.
我也知道这显得很鲁莽,但是...和George在一起感觉很舒服。
We share the same tastes and interests. Oh, and best of all, he loves the opera.
我们趣味相投,而且他喜欢歌剧。
The opera?
歌剧?
Yes, we saw Aida last week and we both cried buckets. It was fun.
是的,上周我们看了《阿依达》,我们都哭成一团了。真有意思。
George loves art, poetry, and music. It would be nice to be married to someone who looks for beauty in the world like I do.
George热爱艺术,诗歌和音乐。能嫁给一个像我这样寻找生活中的美的男人真的很好。
I don’t know. That’s why I’m here. I don’t know what to do, Dr. Goldfine.
我也迷惑了,所以我才来找你。我也不知道该怎么办,Goldfine医生。
Bree, you’ve said many times how comfortable you are with George,
Bree,你多次提到和George在一起是多么的舒服。
but you don’t feel for him the way you felt for Rex.
但是你对他的感觉不是你对Rex的那种感觉?
No. True love is great, but at this point in my life, I think I’d rather just go to the opera.
是的,真爱的确可贵,但我现在这样我宁愿去看歌剧。

影视精讲


down side: 不好的一面
These are only the downside risks.
这些仅是不利因素的风险。
In june, retail sales, fixed asset investment and especially industrial production all surprised on the downside.
今年6月,零售销售额,固定资产投资,特别是工业生产的下降趋势让人感到惊讶。

best of all: 最好地
And best of all all this information is free!
最棒的是所有信息都是免费的!
Best of all, the app even allows you to talk to other moms via discussion boards.
更重要的是,这个程序甚至可以让你通过在线讨论板块和其他的妈妈们聊天。

at this point: 在这一点上
At this point, I had nothing to lose.
在这一点上,我没什么可失去的。

would rather: 宁愿
Frankly, dimon said that he would rather be spending more of his time thinking about europe.
戴蒙甚至直言,他宁愿花更多时间想想欧洲。
I would rather do what makes me fulfilled.
我宁可去做一些能让我充实的事情。

分享到
重点单词
  • operan. 歌剧 n. 挪威Opera软件公司的浏览器软件
  • rashadj. 鲁莽的 n. 疹子,大量
  • retailn. 零售 vt. 零售,传述 adv. 以零售形式