《绝望的主妇》第120期:执子之手 且行且珍惜
日期:2014-04-10 09:02

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听


Sell the house. Are you crazy?
把房子卖了。你疯了吗?
Carlos, we can't afford to live here anymore.
CARLOS, 我们住不起这房子了。
But if our lawyer gets the Justice Department to unfreeze the bank accounts then--
但如果我们的律师能让司法部解冻我的账户, 那么--
Then what? Huh? Finish the sentence, Carlos.
那么怎样? 哈? 把话说完啊, CARLOS
We've tons of legal bills, you've lost all your clients
我们有一大堆的法定账单,而你又失去了所有的客户
and even with our savings, we're screwed.
就算是加上我们的积蓄, 我们也完了。
But, it's our house.
但是--这是我们的房子。
Honey, I know. I love this place, too. It's just, I think it's time for us to face the music.
亲爱的, 我知道。我也爱着这个地方,只是--我想我们还是面对现实比较好。
I never thought I'd be poor at this stage of my life.
我从没想到在这个年纪我会如此贫穷。
You know, Carlos, I've been broke a lot of times in my life.
CARLOS, 你知道我一生中破产过很多次。
But, I've never been poor, because poor is just a state of mind, and right now you and I are just...
但我从没有贫穷过,因为贫穷只是脑子里的一种观念,而现在你和我只是...
Without funds?
缺少资金?
Exactly.
完全正确。
I guess we could get an apartment. Start over.
我想我们可以找套公寓。重新开始。
Who knows? It might even be fun.
谁知道呢? 甚至也可能会很有趣。
And once we're back on our feet,
一旦我们东山再起了...
we'll get a house as big as this one.
我们就买一幢和这一样大的房子。
Bigger.
更大的。

影视精讲

can't afford to: 负担不起
They can't afford to buy their own yet.
他们目前还买不起自己的厂房。
But we can't afford to lose reputation--even a shred of reputation. "
但我们无法承受名誉的损失——即便是点滴的名誉”。

face the music: 面对现实
I suppose I will face the music when this semester ends.
我想这学期结束时我就要承担后果了。
I think it's time for me to meet my admirer and make him face the music.
我想该是跟仰慕者碰面的时候了,好让他面对现实。

back on our feet: 东山再起
Can we mind our own business for maybe 4 years and get our selves back on our feet.
我们可否在这4年,先管好我们自己的事,先让我们自己好起来?

分享到
重点单词
  • fundsn. 基金;资金,现金(fund的复数) v. 提供资金
  • reputationn. 声誉,好名声
  • legaladj. 法律的,合法的,法定的
  • admirern. 赞赏者;钦佩者;爱慕者