(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
I can’t believe Zach said that. What else did he tell you?
简直不敢相信Zack告诉你这些,他还说什么了?
Nothing. That’s it. Just that Mary Alice killed herself because of something he had done.
就那些。他还说Mary Alice自杀是因为他干了什么事。
You couldn’t get any more out of him?
你没多问一点?
Oh, I tried. But he was so nervous he actually started shaking and then he just left.
我试了,但他变得很紧张他开始颤抖,然后就离开了。
Okay, this is getting really weird. I think we should go to the police.
这变得越来越怪异了,我们应该找警察。
And tell them what? We don’t even have the note anymore, we gave it to Paul.
我们应该报警知道吗?我们没有那张纸条了,我们把它给了Paul。
Then you’re going to have to get Zach to tell you something, so we have more to goon.
所以要想有所突破,就要让Zack说得更多一点。
Girls you don’t understand. This poor kid is scared out of his mind.
姑娘们,你们不知道,那个可怜的孩子已经吓得魂不附体了。
Oh, for god’s sake Bree, you’re a woman. Manipulate him. It’s what we do!
上帝让女人去影响男人,会有办法的。
But how?
但是怎么做?
I don’t know. How do you usually manipulate Rex?
我不知道你平时是怎么对付Rex的?
Hello Zachary. Are you free for dinner tonight?
你好,Zackary今晚有空一起吃晚饭吗?
Sure.
可以。
Oh, good, because last night you put me in such a holiday mood,
因为昨晚你让我有了节日的心情,
so I’m going to make roast turkey and canned yams and egg nog.
我做了火鸡,土豆还有蛋酒。
Have you ever had real old fashioned egg nog?
你尝过那种传统的蛋酒吗?
No, I don’t think so.
没有尝过。
Oh! You are going to love it! It has quite a kick.
你肯定会喜欢的,它非常好喝。
影视精讲
重要词组
not…any more: 不再,再也不
get out of: 探听、盘问
scare out of: 吓得
for god’s sake: 看在上帝的面上
old fashioned: 旧时的、传统的
quite a kick: 酒劲很大
语意表达:奇怪的;不寻常的;奇异的If you describe something or someone as weird, you mean that they are strange.
句型操练:That first day was weird...
第一天有些怪异。
He's different. He's weird...
他与众不同,有点怪。
句型出处:Okay, this is getting really weird. I think we should go to the police.
这变得越来越怪异了,我们应该找警察。
语意表达:manipulate控制,操纵,影响
句型操练:So they can manipulate you into making irrational decisions.
这样,他们能够操纵你做出非理性的决策。
Small children sometimes manipulate grown-ups.
小孩有时能控制大人。
句型出处:Oh, for god’s sake Bree, you’re a woman. Manipulate him. It’s what we do!
上帝让女人去影响男人,会有办法的。
语意表达:mood 心境,情绪
句型操练:At once her mood from one of hopefulness changed to one of deep depression.
她的心境马上从满怀希望变成极度的沮丧。
Its smooth and lively melody expresses the pleasant mood of life in south China.
乐曲以流畅明快的旋律表现了南国生活的愉悦情绪。
句型出处:Oh, good, because last night you put me in such a holiday mood,
因为昨晚你让我有了节日的心情