(单词翻译:单击)
原文试听
I married Diego Solis when I was 16 years old.
我16岁时就嫁给了Solis。
A few months into our marriage he started to beat me.
婚后几个月后他就开始打我。
I was so young and stupid I didn’t know what to do.
那时候我很年轻,不知道该怎么做才好。
Juanita I had no idea.
我也不知道该怎么做。
It got so bad that I started praying to god to let me die.
他变得太坏,我甚至乞求上帝让我去死。
But god in his infinite wisdom gave me a reason to live.
但是上帝给我一个活下去的理由。
Carlos.
Carlos!
Ay, he was a beautiful baby. But my husband wasn’t much of a father.
啊,他是个非常可爱的孩子,我的丈夫根本不配做父亲。
He never held him. He would yell and scream at him for no reason at all.
他从来不抱他,他毫无理由的对他大喊大叫。
One night, when Carlos was four, Diego Solis came home…drunk. And he beat my Carlos.
当Carlos 四岁时的一个晚上Solis醉醺醺的回到家他狠狠的揍Carlos。
Something inside me snapped, and at that moment I found a way to be strong.
我体内的某种东西突然爆发了,我一下子找到了一种让自己强大的方法。
So I made sure that Diego Solis would never hurt my son or me ever again.
我找到一种方法让Solis再也不敢碰我和Carlos了。
What did you do?
你怎么做到的?
Well, if you pray hard enough, god gives you the tools to your salvation.
如果你有颗勇敢的心上帝会给你解决的方法。
Carlos said that his father left for a waitress in El Passo.
Carlos说他爸爸和那个女招待一起跑了。
That’s what he was told. Mothers know they have to protect their children.
嗯哼,我是这样告诉他的,所有的妈妈都知道怎么去保护孩子。
But some of us take our job more seriously than others.
但有些人比其它人更认真。
I don’t know why you’re telling me this.
我不知道你为什么告诉我这些?
I think you do.
我认为你知道。
影视精讲
重要词组
a few: 有些、几个
have no idea: 不知道
not much of: 算不上、称不上
yell at: 对…呼喊、叫喊
scream at: 对…尖叫、大笑
not at all: 根本不、一点也不
at that moment: 就在那时、在那一刻
make sure: 查明、务必
leave for: 动身离去、奔赴
语义表达:VERB打;猛击If you beat someone or something, you hit them very hard.
句型操练:My wife tried to stop them and they beat her...
我妻子想阻止他们,他们就打了她。
They were beaten to death with baseball bats.
他们被人用棒球棒打死了。
句型出处:A few months into our marriage he started to beat me.
婚后几个月后他就开始打我。
语义表达:解救;拯救The salvation of someone or something is the act of saving them from harm, destruction, or an unpleasant situation.
句型操练:...a poor, lost, lonely woman clinging for salvation to a son whom she knew was as lost as she was.
一个孤独可怜、茫然若失的妇人紧紧抓着她的一个儿子寻求解脱,而她知道儿子也同她一样迷惘
...those whose marriages are beyond salvation.
婚姻已无法挽救的那些人
句型出处:Well, if you pray hard enough, god gives you the tools to your salvation.
如果你有颗勇敢的心上帝会给你解决的方法。
语义表达:snap爆发,突然精神崩溃;突然失控If someone snaps, or if something snaps inside them, they suddenly stop being calm and become very angry because the situation has become too tense or too difficult for them.
句型操练:He finally snapped when she prevented their children from visiting him one weekend...
当她不准孩子们在某个周末去看他的时候,他终于控制不住自己了。
For the first and only time Grant's self-control snapped...
生平第一次也是唯一的一次,格兰特失控了。
句型出处:Something inside me snapped, and at that moment I found a way to be strong.
我体内的某种东西突然爆发了,我一下子找到了一种让自己强大的方法。