(单词翻译:单击)
原文试听
It appears there's a 7-year gap since your last position.
看来你上次工作已经是7年前了
What did you take some time off?
怎么了想休息一阵?
I was a stay-at-home mom.
我在家带孩子。
I wish it had been time off.
我倒希望是休息。
Boy or girl?
男孩还是女孩?
A girl...
女孩…
and three boys.
还有3个男孩。
Four kids?
4个孩子?
Yeah, of course, they won't get in the way of the job,
是啊,当然他们不会妨碍我完成工作。
because my husband's staying homewith them from now on.
因为从现在开始我丈夫在家带孩子。
I knew I could never do both jobs justice.
我知道我不可能家里家外的忙。
That's why I chose not to have a family.
所以我决定一个人过。
I didn't want to be one of those kind of women--you know, sloughing things off onto coworkers,
我不想成为那种女人…把工作推给同事.
because of a pediatrician appointment or a dance recital.
因为要带孩子看医生或参加孩子的演出。
I get really neurotic about putting people out.
我炒人鱿鱼已经炒腻烦了。
With all due respect, Nina, won't be an issue.
我明白你的意思Nina,但我不会那样的。
I can leave home at home.
家里的事我不会带到工作。
And it's not gonna break your heart toleave those sad little faces behind?
你会舍得那一张张伤心的小脸么?
Are you kidding?
你开玩笑吧?
This office is paradise…
这里是天堂…
grown-ups talking about grown-up things.
成年人谈成年人的事
No screaming, no vomiting, no boogers under the table.
没有叫嚷,没有呕吐,桌子下面也没有鼻屎。
You're gonna have to drag me outta here kicking and screaming…
你拽我出去我也哭着喊着不会走。
weekends, holidays, whenever.
周末,假期,随时待命。
All right, Ed wants to make the final decision.
好吧Ed要做最终决定。
So I will bring you back tomorrow at 3 for a follow-up.
明天下午3点你再来。
Well, that--that sounds great. Thank you--
好,那好极了,谢谢。
Lynette, be early. Show me something.
Lynette早点到,证明给我看。
Okay.
好。
影视精讲
get in the way of : 妨碍,阻碍
As common as these stereotypes might be, they get in the way of economic development.
这些成见非常普遍,而且经常会阻碍经济发展。
Beware of the following things that may get in the way of listening.
注意以下各个因素,这些可能会影响到你听人讲话。
do justice: 公平对待
Statistics seldom do justice to africa.
数据很少公平地反映非洲的实际情况。
slough off: 抛弃,丢弃
He's trying to slough off smoking habits.
他想戒掉抽烟的习惯。
It's a bad habit he should slough off.
这是他应该戒除的一个坏习惯。