《绝望的主妇》第364期:外貌协会资深会员
日期:2015-10-17 16:05

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听

These can't be our only choices, Mr. Beale.
不可能就这么点人吧。
I mean, come on. Each girl is uglier than the next.
你自己都看看,一个比一个丑。
Look, finding a gorgeous pregnant woman
找一个长得好看的孕妇,
who's willing to give her baby to a couple with a criminal record isn't exactly a walk in the park.
让她让出自己的孩子给一对有案底的父母,可不是什么容易活。
I don't care if it's a walk in the sewer.
我可不管什么容易不容易。
We are hemorrhaging money into your bank account and I expect to see results.
我给了你钱,你就得给我找个像样的。
You know, Mrs. Solis, you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Solis夫人,善待他人才能获得别人的支持。
If I wanted to catch flies, all I would have to do is call up one of these girls.
我要是想获得别人的支持,我早就给这些女的打电话了。
Trust me, the flies would follow.
她们肯定会闻风而来。
Excuse me, sir, there's a Libby Collins here for you.
对不起,老板,有位Libby Collins找您。
I'll be right out there.
我这就去,
Uh, I took the liberty of inviting this girl down here to meet you.
就来我擅自作主请来了这位姑娘。
Now I wouldn't exactly say she's a quality human being, but she is attractive.
不敢说是什么品质出众的人,但至少长的很迷人。
If you don't respond to her, I'm afraid I'm out of ideas.
要是你们还不满意,只能另请高明了。
He's going to dump us as clients if you don't stop being so damn picky.
你最好别再这样,不然,这次又要泡汤。
We are going to have to stare at this face for the next eighteen years.
我们今后18年要天天看着孩子的小脸。
I don't think now is the time to skimp on quality.
质量这关怎么都不能马虎。
Gabrielle, Carlos...I'd like you to meet Libby.
Gabriel Carlos,这位是Libby。
Well, now, this I can work with.
这个才像样嘛。

影视精讲


expect to: 期望、期待
You expect to where we going?
您希望我们将走向何方?
What do you expect to learn from him?
你能从他嘴里套出什么来?

stare at: 凝视、目不转睛的看
Why did you stare at someonewho's so pissed off?
你为什么要这样瞪着一个发怒的人?
You like to stare at tears? Go away!
你们喜欢看别人哭吗?赶紧滚!

skimp on: 对…吝啬
Which parts did you skimp on?
你把哪一部分给省了?

分享到
重点单词
  • sewern. 下水道,阴沟,裁缝师
  • qualityn. 品质,特质,才能 adj. 高品质的
  • respondv. 回答,答复,反应,反响,响应 n. [建]壁
  • attractiveadj. 有吸引力的,引起注意的
  • willingadj. 愿意的,心甘情愿的
  • criminaladj. 犯罪的,刑事的,违法的 n. 罪犯
  • skimpv. 少给,吝啬地给,克扣,敷衍 adj. 少的,不足的
  • vinegarn. 醋
  • invitingadj. 吸引人的,诱人的 动词invite的现在分词
  • starev. 凝视,盯着看 n. 凝视 v. 显眼,(毛发