《绝望的主妇》第229期:把握时机才是真的
日期:2014-11-30 19:12

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


Betty Applewhite was a gifted woman. Everyone had always said so, ever since she was a child.
Betty Applewhite是个有才华的女人,自从她小的时候起,所有人就都这么说。
Her first piano teacher praised her dexterity.
她的第一个钢琴老师赞扬她手指灵巧。
Her first college professor applauded her sense of rhythm.
她的大学教授为她对节奏的判断力大加赞誉...
Her first symphony conductor hailed her dramatic flair.
她的第一个交响乐指挥向她生动的演绎才华致敬...
But Betty was no longer a concert pianist. She was now just a woman with a secret.
但是betty不再是一位音乐会钢琴演奏家了,她现在只是一位身怀秘密的女人。
One she was determined to keep by any means necessary.
一个她决定无论如何都要保守的秘密。
I'm not a bit surprised that somebody broke into Gabrielle's house.
有人会闯入Gabrielle的房子,我一点也不惊奇。
Wisteria Lane is an easy target. It's not like the police patrol around here.
Wisteria Lane是一个容易攻击的目标,没有巡警会巡查这里。
We still have the neighborhood watch.
我们一直有邻里监督组织的。
Oh, the neighborhood watch is a joke.
哦,邻里监督组织简直就是搞笑。
When was the last time any of you went on patrol, huh?
你上一次出来巡逻时什么时候, 嗯哈?
Now, I put security lights on my house. I say it's time that we hire professional security.
我现在给我的房子安装了安全灯。依我说,是该雇佣专业保安的时候了。
Well, that sounds expensive.
哇噢,那听起来很贵阿。
Could you really put a price on your kids' safety? Well, you probably could.
你不愿意为你孩子的安全花些钱吗?噢,你可能不愿意。
Look, McClusky, I am as worried as everybody else in this neighborhood, but I just don’t think that we…
听着,McClusky夫人。我和附近的邻里的所有人一样的担忧。但我只是...
We've got to stop this.
我们应该制止他们这样。
And say what, we're against security?
那怎么讲,我们要反对安全保护吗?
But if they find Caleb first...
但是如果他们先找到Caleb...
Hush, Matthew. I'm trying to think.
安静,Matthew 我正在想呢。
I'm not talking about a bunch of vigilantes; I'm talking about trained men who know when to shoot.
我说的不是那些义务的警员,我们需要的是受过专业训练的会开枪的人。
Do we really need professional security?
我们真的需要专业的保安吗?
Are you all gonna wait until somebody else is attacked?
你们所有人还要等待着直到又有人受到袭击吗?
I think it's time to take a vote on armed security. I've had enough. All those in favor...
我认为现在应该投票决定,要不要武装保安,让我们现在投票吧。我已经受够了,你们支持...
Oh, sorry. Things were just getting so dramatic.
哦,抱歉。刚才我看事态有点激化了。
Wow, you're really good.
哇奥,你弹得真棒。
We were taking a vote here.
我们要投票。
She was a concert pianist.
她是音乐会钢琴演奏家。
Well, I dabbled a bit.
嗯,也就学了几下。
Yes, Betty Applewhite was a gifted woman, and the greatest of all her gifts was her timing.
是啊,Betty Applewhite是一位有才华的女性...她最棒的才华就是...就是她对时机的掌握

影视精讲


by any means: 无论如何,不惜任何代价
Carrie was not dull by any means.
嘉莉一点也不迟钝。
This is not by any means extraordinary for a big financial crisis.
对于一场重大的金融危机而言,这无论如何也算不上非同寻常。

break into: 闯入
They break into an office so that jack can use the phone.
他们闯入了一间办公室,因为杰克需要使用电话。
The surprise comes when you discover how entrepreneurs are innovating to break into this capital-intensive sector.
令人惊讶之处在于这些企业家是如何通过创新来进入这个资本密集型的行业。

a bunch of: 一群人
About a bunch of stupid books?
大概是一堆乏味的书?
So he tore up the rules and teamed up with a bunch of progressives.
于是,他抛开了规则,与一群革新派组建了联盟。

分享到
重点单词
  • rhythmn. 节奏,韵律,格律,节拍
  • securityn. 安全,防护措施,保证,抵押,债券,证券
  • giftedadj. 有天赋的,有才华的
  • dexterityn. 灵巧,机敏,手艺
  • extraordinaryadj. 非凡的,特别的,特派的
  • concertn. 音乐会,一致,和谐 vt. 制定计划,通过协商达成
  • professionaladj. 职业的,专业的,专门的 n. 专业人员
  • conductorn. 售票员,导体,指挥
  • determinedadj. 坚毅的,下定决心的
  • dulladj. 呆滞的,迟钝的,无趣的,钝的,暗的 v. 变钝