听《绝望主妇8》学英语第53期:你可以离Susan远点
日期:2012-02-03 16:17

(单词翻译:单击)

台词讲解


Uh, Susan around?
呃 Susan在吗?

Uh, she's at her painting class.
呃 她去上美术课了

Okay.I'll stop by later.
好吧。我晚些再来

I don't think that's a good idea.
我觉得那样不好

You need to say something to me, Mike?
你想跟我说什么吗 Mike?

Yeah, I do. If things were different,
是,我想。如果不是这样

If it had been me that killed somebody, and your wife walked in,
如果是我杀了人,而你妻子看到了

I'd have gone to the cops and turned myself in. I wouldn't have dragged Gaby into it.
我会去向警察自首,我不会把Gaby牵连进来

There's a lot I would've done differently about that night, if I could.
如果我可以的话那晚我也会做很多不一样的决定

Yeah, well, you can't.
对,哦,可你不行

But here's what you can do. You can leave Susan alone.
可是有件事你可以.你可以离Susan远点

Just let her find a way to deal with what you put her through.
让她找个方式接受你带给她的一切

It just really helps to talk to her.
只是跟她交谈确实帮了我很大忙

But it doesn't help her.
但却帮不了她
知识点讲解

1.stop by 顺便访问
Stop by sometime.
有时间来坐坐。

2. it had been me that killed somebody,此句是一个强调句,强调的是me。Carlos为保护妻子而误杀了人,Susan为了保护朋友,只好保住这个秘密。为此她承担了很多痛苦。此处Mike是说如果换作他误杀了人,他会如何做。

3.turn in 告发
She threatened to turn him in.
她威胁说要向警方告发他。

4.drag ... into ... 将……卷进……
Must you drag politics into everything?
你非得事事都把政治扯进来吗?

5. leave alone 让独自呆着, 不打扰
She's asked to be left alone but the press keep pestering her.
她要求不要打扰她,但报界总是缠著她不放。

6. deal with 处理,对付
She has a lot of correspondence to deal with.
她有大批信件需要处理。

分享到