(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
Wow, honey, look, this place looks spotless!
哇呜,亲爱的…这儿看起来完美无瑕。
Thanks.
谢谢。
Listen, I have come up with this killer idea for the Spotless Scrub campaign.
嗨,听着,关于我们的新品无污擦,我想到了一个极好的主意。
Great! You wanna run it by me?
好极了,需要我帮你吗?
No. I'm good. But, thanks.
不用,我可以的。谢谢。
Okay.
好吧。
Well, that's the thing. You know how whenever I pitch in the boardroom at work,
不过,问题是只要我在会上提出我的建议
how Kennesey always tears my ideas down in front of the partners?
Hennessy总是在同事跟前反驳我。
Yeah?
嗯?
I invited the partners and their wives over so I could pitch to them here.
我邀请了我的同事和他们的妻子,这样我就能在家和他们沟通我的想法。
And I thought we could make a formal dinner for six. We could sit, we could...
我想也许我们在六点钟能有个正式的晚宴,这样我们能坐在一起,可以…
And when exactly would this formal dinner take place?
这个正式晚宴要在什么时候举办?
Uh ... day after tomorrow!
呃,后天。
Tom!
Tom!
Yeah, I know, I know, I know, I know I know it's short notice.
哦,我知道,我知道,我知道这太突然,我只是…
You think? How am I supposed to pull off a formal dinner with no warning?
你认为?我怎么可以在毫无准备的情况下举办一个正式的晚宴?
I don't know. Bree Van de Kamp does this kind of thing all the time...
我不知道,Bree Van De Kamp 总是能做到这一点。
What did you say?
你刚说什么?
Well, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that. That's - you know what, forget it.
哇呜,对不起,我不是那个意思,我是说,这样的,算了。
I'll call and I'll cancel. Don't worry about it.
我打电话取消掉别为这事担心了
No, no. Let’s, let's do it.
不,不,我们可以举办的。
Really?
真的?
Yeah, it’s good for your career. I'll pull it off.
是的,这对你的事业有好处,我来筹备。
Yes. Honey, thank you so much. You know, what I promise. I land you this account, and I'm gonna buy you something awful pretty.
哦,亲爱的,太谢谢你了,知道吗?我欠你个人情,我保证我会给你买一些极其漂亮的东西。
Luckily for Tom, Lynette had a recipe for success...
对Tom来说幸运的是,Lynette 有一个成功的秘诀
影视精讲
重要词组
spotless: 没有污点的,没有瑕疵的,无可挑剔的
come up with: 想出,提出
That’s the thing【可理解为“是这么回事,问题是”】
tear down: 逐条驳斥(或驳倒)(论点等)
take place: 发生;举行
short notice: 临时通知
be supposed to: 应该,被期望
pull off:(努力或艰苦地)完成
all the time: 一直,总是
land you this account【可以理解为“我一定会给你弄到一些好处的”,land: 【口语】捞到, 弄到, 获得 account: 利益,好处。】
重点讲解
语意表达:极其干净的;一尘不染的Something that is spotless is completely clean.
句型操练:Each morning cleaners make sure everything is spotless...
每天早晨,清洁工们会把一切都打扫得干干净净。
Even in the most spotless homes, carpets need regular cleaning to keep them looking good.
即便是在最干净的房子里,地毯也需要定期清洁以保持美观。
句型出处:Wow, honey, look, this place looks spotless!
哇呜,亲爱的…这儿看起来完美无瑕
语意表达:拆毁;拆除If you tear something down, you destroy it or remove it completely.
句型操练:The city will tear down the building and create a park.
该市将拆掉这幢大楼,在这儿建个公园。
I imagine they'll be tearing the building down sooner or later.
我猜他们早晚会拆除这座楼的。
句型出处:how Kennesey always tears my ideas down in front of the partners?
Hennessy总是在同事跟前反驳我。