(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
We don’t want to get spanked.
我们不想被打屁股。
Yeah, we promise we will be good.
我们保证会做个好孩子。
Too late, you stole and then you lied. Even worse?
太晚了。你们偷东西,而且还撒谎,更坏的是?
You made me look bad in front of Mrs. McCluskey, who you know is mommy's sworn enemy.
你们让我在McCluskey夫人面前难堪,而你们知道她是妈妈我的不共戴天之敌。
Time to pick your poison.
该选你们的刑具 了。
How 'bout a belt? It’s a classic.
皮带怎么样? 那可是经典。
Well, we could go with the old hickory stick.
我们可以用老山核桃的枝条。
It’s a cliché, but it’s pretty effective.
有些老套了,但……很有效。
I know, we will go with the spatula.
我知道-我们也可以用刮铲。
The holes give it less wind resistance.
上面的小洞能减小空气阻力。
Moves faster.
移动更快速。
Guys, guys, guys, hey my hands are tied.
伙计们,伙计们! 嗨,我也没办法,不! 不! 不!
Thieves get spanked.
做小偷就该被打屁股。
Just the way it works. Unless...
那是常理。除非……
Unless what?
除非怎样?
Lynette:For a first time offense, if you swear, cross your heart, that you will never, never steal again, 由于是初犯。如果你们发誓,心底里,你们永远永远都不会再偷东西。
and you write Mrs. McCluskey a letter of apology, I will let it slide.
并且写一封道歉信给McCluskey夫人,我就放过你们。
All right, start with 'Dear Mrs. McCluskey.'
很好,以 亲爱的McCluskey夫人 开头。
Mommy, why are you smiling?
妈妈,为什么你在笑啊?
Do you know what physiological warfare means?
你们知道心理战是什么意思吗?
No.
不知道。
Well, too bad for you. Okay, start with a big em, little see. Good.
对你们而言太糟了。好了,开头是一个大写的M ,和小写的c ,好。
影视精讲
how about: …怎么样?
How about your fiancee?
那你的未婚妻呢?
my hands are tied: 本意是我的手被束缚着,引申为无能为力,非常实用的一句话
I can't help you because my hands are tied.
我帮不上你,因为我权力有限。
cross your heart: 在自己胸前画十字(发誓,赌咒)
Cross your heart; do you really?
你发誓,你是真的吗?
let it slide: 听其自然
I have no way to deal with it, let a thing slide.
我毫无办法处理,顺其自然吧。