《绝望的主妇》第306期:我不想做你的小白鼠
日期:2015-05-09 09:43

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


So this whole splenectomy thing, you feel good about it, huh?
那么这整件脾切除术的事情--你感觉很好,不是么?
Yeah, yeah, I told you. It's a routine surgery. You're gonna be fine.
没错,是的,我告诉过你。这是常规手术。你会没事的。
Right, right. Actually, I sort of meant, um, do you personallyfeel confident?
当然,当然。其实,我的意思是...你自己有信心吗?
What do you mean?
你什么意思?
Well, you know, you're gonna be hacking into me, and I just wanted to make sure that you feel ready.
恩,就是说,你就要...剖开我,我只是想确认一下你准备好了。
I've never taken out a spleen before. But believe me, it's no big deal.
我还没有取过脾。但是请相信我,这不是件什么大事情。
Spleen, gallbladder, it's all the same.
脾,胆囊…都一样。
Okay, red flag! See, I didn't go to medical school, but I am thinking, not all the same.
好了,别说了!你知道我没去过医学院上课,可我在想-- 不是都一样的吧!
Susan, I know what I am doing. You're gonna have to trust me. Okay?
Susan,我知道我在做什么。你要相信我。
I would like to. But I gotta be honest, the fact that you can't even cut that steak isn't helping.
我也想啊。可我得说实话…你连牛扒都不会切。
That's not fair. You overcooked it, and,frankly, it's not the freshest meat.
话不能这么说。是你煮得太熟了,老实说,这肉的确不新鲜。
Well, neither am I. I've got thirty-five years on that cow.
我也不新鲜了。我都35岁了。
Wait, Susan, are you saying you don't want me to be your surgeon?
等等,Susan,你是想说,你不想要我给你动手术?
I am sorry. I don't mean this to sound the wrong way.
真是抱歉。我不想让你误会。
I just, I would be more comfortable with an experienced surgeon.
我只是...如果有个有经验的外科医生的话,我会更安心一点。
That's okay. I understand.
没关系。我理解。
Thank you.
谢谢你!
I should really be going.
我真的要走了。
What? I didn't even serve dessert yet. You said you understood!
什么?我连甜品都还没上。可你说你可以理解的。
No, I do, I do. I respect your decision tosee another doctor, but you know what?
对,我可以理解,真的。我尊重你的决定,去看另外一个医生,但是你知道吗?
You need to respect that my feelings are hurt.
你要明白?我的自尊心受到伤害了。
What? You want me to put my life on the line to service your ego?
什么? 你要我为了你的自尊心而把整条命都给赌上?
I save lives every day. I cut. I save. I cut. I save.
我每天都拯救生命。我解剖,我救人,我解剖,我救人。
That's what I do, and if that gives me an out-of-control ego, well, maybe I need that to cut into another human being.
这是我的工作,如果你硬要认为我自尊心太强的话,也许,我需要这种自尊心来让我有勇气给其他人做手术。


影视精讲


take out: 取出
Check your car insurance to see if you need to take out extra insurance while renting a car.
当你要租车的时候,检查下你的汽车保险是否需要购买额外的保险。
Instead, these initiatives help to control the trafficking by helping officials take out rivals.
然而,这些有助于控制走私的措施给官员除掉竞争者帮了忙。

red flag: 【比喻】惹人生气的事物
This raises a giant red flag.
这一点会引起人们的高度警惕。
Okay, red flag! See, I didn't go to medical school, but I am thinking, not all the same.
好了,别说了!你知道我没去过医学院上课,可我在想-- 不是都一样的吧!


分享到