(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
Hey.
嗨。
Hi!
嗨!
Kids ready?
孩子们准备好了吗?
Almost. Thanks again for driving them to the bus.
差不多了,他们呆会将被送到车站。
Happy to do it. I miss them.
很好,我想念他们。
Did you hear there was a break in at Mrs. Fome’s the other night?
你听到一天晚上有人闯进From夫人家的事吗?
Yeah. I heard they didn’t take anything.
听说了,好像什么也没拿走。
Well that doesn’t make it any less frightening.
这并不说明没什么危险。
I mean, he could have been a sexual predator.
可能是想性侵犯。
What? And he ended up at Mrs. Fome’s?
想侵犯From夫人?
Boy, that would have been a lose-lose situation.
那也太没有品位了吧。
Oh, Rex! That’s not the point.
Rex,这并不是关键所在。
The point is I don’t feel safe here, and I was wondering if you would spend the night.
关键是我觉得不安全,我希望你晚上能留下。
You’re in the NRA, you own like four guns!
你干什么都能得A你是全能的!
If somebody broke in I’d expect you to protect me.
要是有人闯入,你肯定会冲入保护我的。
Rex, the truth is, with the kids gone
Rex,你们都走了,
I’ll be all by myself in this house for the first time in seventeen years.
只留下我一个人在家,17年来这是第一次。
Honey, I know it’s hard to hear, but the marriage counseling may not work out.
亲爱的,我知道这听起来很难受但婚姻顾问现在已经不管用了。
You need to get used to being alone.
你应该学会习惯一个人生活。
You’re right. That was hard to hear.
好吧,听起来确实很难过。
What are you doing?
你干什么?
That is for the kids’ trip.
这是给孩子旅行时吃的。
Oh, come on! I’m staying in a motel! I haven’t had a decent meal in weeks.
别这样,我一直住在汽车旅馆吃得糟糕极了
Honey, the marriage counseling might not work out,
亲爱的,婚姻顾问现在已经不管用了,
you need to get used to bad cooking.
你需要习惯你糟糕的厨艺。
影视精讲
重要词组
break in: 强行非法闯入
frightening: 令人恐惧的、骇人的
sexual predator: 性侵害者
end up: 到达、来到、结束
NRA: National Rifle Association
all by myself: 独自的
counseling: 咨询
work out: 解决、找到方法
get used to: 习惯于
come on: 拜托
语意表达:像样的;尚好的;过得去的Decent is used to describe something which is considered to be of an acceptable standard or quality.
句型操练:Nearby is a village with a decent pub...
附近的村子里有一家还不错的酒馆。
He didn't get a decent explanation...
他没有得到一个像样的解释。
句型出处:Oh, come on! I’m staying in a motel! I haven’t had a decent meal in weeks.
别这样,我一直住在汽车旅馆吃得糟糕极了
语意表达:lose-lose双输的
指点迷津:反义词win-win 双赢的
句型操练:In marriage, success resides more in lose-lose solutions.
在婚姻中,成功往往在于“双输”策略。
This is a lose-lose scenario.
这是一个双输的局面。
句型出处:Boy, that would have been a lose-lose situation.
那也太没有品位了吧。