(单词翻译:单击)
原文试听
As I was saying, I think the surrogacy idea could work, um, but you and Gaby are going to have to mend some fences.
就像我刚才说的,我觉得代孕的方法行得通,不过你和Gaby可能有些往事要谈
After such a long time, what is the point?
已经这么久了,还谈什么呢?
Lucia, please, hear me out. There was a lot of stuff that Gaby went through when she was younger.
Lucia,请听我说,Gaby小的时候经历了很多。
A lot of stuff that you don't know about.
很多你不知道的事情。
And I think that if you went to her and asked her about it, then the two of you could finally get past it.
我想如果你去问问她的话,也许你们俩可以把事情讲清楚。
What stuff are you talking about, Carlos?
你在指什么,Carlos?
Your second husband, Alejandro? When Gaby was fifteen, he assaulted her sexually.
你的第二任丈夫,Alejandro? Gaby15岁的时候,被他污辱了。
Is that what she told you?
她就是这么告诉你的?
Look, I know that it comes as a shock for you to be hearing it from me?
你看,我知道这事由我来说可能比较震惊。
Carlos, please, I am aware they had sex.But it was Gabriela who seduced him.
Carlos,拜托,我知道他们有性关系。不过实情是Gabriela勾引了他。
Excuse me?
什么?
She was always jealous of me.
她总是嫉妒我。
You don't know how many times I caught her wearing my shoes,
你不知道她有多少次偷穿我的皮鞋,
trying on my jewelry and I'd scream at her to leave my things alone,
偷戴我的首饰,我喊着让她住手,
but no, she wanted whatever I had. Then one night, she set her sights on Alejandro.
可就是不行,我有什么她都非要不可。一天晚上,她把眼光放到了Alejandro身上
Believe me, no one got raped.
相信我,没有人被强奸。
Lucia, she was only fifteen years old.
Lucia,她才15岁啊。
You know, a lot of men have left me overthe years, and I never knew the reason.
这些年有很多男人都莫名其妙地离开我,
But when Alejandro left, I knew exactly why ithappened. Gabriela made him fall in love with her.
不过Alejandro离开的原因我很清楚,Gabriela让他爱上了她,
Oh, it took me so many years to forgive her.
我花了好多年才能原谅她。
You forgave her?
是你原谅她?
But of course. I couldn't have offered to carry her baby unless I had.
当然了,不然我也不会要替她怀孩子。
影视精讲
mend one’s fences: 修补篱笆;争取重新建立好关系
As I was saying, I think the surrogacy idea could work, um, but you and Gaby are going to have to mend some fences.
就像我刚才说的,我觉得代孕的方法行得通,不过你和Gaby可能有些往事要谈
hear out: 听完
She needed him to hear her out and render advice.
她需要他把话听完并提出建议。
Bassanio felt very sorry to hear that.
巴塞尼奥听完非常难过。
get through: 经历
I cannot think how they will get through the time.
我不能想象,这段时间他们将怎样度过。
set sight on: 着眼于,看上
She's set her sights on getting into Harvard.
她决心要上哈佛大学。
Break Asian records and set sights on world level in sports.
冲出亚洲, 走向世界。