(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
"Sooner or later, the time comes when weall must become responsible adults..."
或早或晚, 总有一天当我们都必须成为负责任的成年人
"...and learn to give up what we want, so we can chose to do what is right."
学会放弃我们想要的东西,那么我们就能选择去做正确的事情
"Of course, a lifetime of responsibility isn’t always easy."
当然, 要做到一辈子负责任,不总是那么简单的。
"And as the years go on, it’s a burden thatcan become too heavy for some to bear."
随着时间的流逝,对某些人而言那将成为不能承受之重负。
"But still we try to do what is best, what is good."
但我们依然试图做得最好,使它有利于--
"Not only for ourselves, but for those we love."
不仅仅自己...还有我们所爱的人。
"Hey!"
嗨!
"I’m glad you came."
很高兴你能来。
"Zach, I can’t stay long. If mymom catches me, she’ll freak."
Zach, 我不能待很久。如果被我妈妈发现了, 她会抓狂的。
"Come here."
来这儿。
"She said I can’t see you any more. What are we gonna do?"
她说我不能再见你。我们该怎么办?
"I’m not sure."
我不知道。
"Yes, sooner or later we must all become responsible adults. No one knows this better than the young."
是啊, 或早或晚我们都必须成为负责任的成年人,没有人比年轻人更懂得这一点。
影视精讲
responsible尽责的;承担责任;负有责任的;懂道理的
He regards himself as extremely responsible compared with younger colleagues.
他认为同年轻的同龄人相比,自己还是很有责任感的。
Being expected to grow up faster than you may want to, because you need to be the "responsible one";
不管你愿不愿意,家人们总是希望你赶快长大,就因为你是那个要承担责任的人;
give up 放弃; 投降; 把…让给; 戒除
But some mountaineers do not give up.
但是一些登山家并没有放弃。
Others give up after an injury.
其他人在受伤后放弃了。
sooner or later 迟早; 早晚有一天
Sooner or later, the dollar had to fall.
美元必然下跌,看来是迟早的事。
Sooner or later, citizens must be asked.
这个问题迟早都会问到欧洲市民。