《绝望的主妇》第304期:让我用简历说话
日期:2015-04-20 20:37

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


Just let my résuméspeak for itself.
让我的简历说话。
Uh, just let your résumé speak for itself?
让你的简历说话?
Yeah.
好的。
Okay!
好的!
Oh! You worked the Poncer Cheese accounts? Those angry mouse spots? They were hilarious!
噢! “Poncer芝士”的案子是你做的?那段“生气的老鼠”?它们真是棒极了!
I was on that from the beginning.
那案子从一开始就是我做的。
Warning, do not eat the cheese! The cheese is evil!' I lovethat! You've got a great résumé.
警告,不要吃那些芝士!芝士是魔鬼!我喜欢那一段!你的简历让人印象深刻。
Thank you.
谢谢。
Yeah, gosh, it is. It's quite impressive. Oh wow, I see you worked for Bellfore and Barrasso.
是的,天啊,正是。我很有印象。噢,你以前在Bellfore和Barrasso做过。
That's a great shop.
他们很不错。
Yeah, I put my time in.
是的,我花了很多时间。
Uh-huh, and when were you there? Because you forgot to list your dates of employment for that one.
这样,你是什么时候在那里的?因为你忘记写就职日期了。
Um, that was a few years back.
因为,那些是几年前的事了。
Uh-huh. And how long did you stay?
这样.你在他们那里待了多久?
Just about five months, actually.
准确的来说,大概5个月。
What, did you get recruited by another firm? Did somebody cherry-pick ya?
什么? 没别的公司聘请你吗?你被人挖角了吧?
No, I was fired.
不,我是被炒掉的。
Oh.
奥。
Yeah, but honestly, I was happy to leave because they didn't get my sense of humor.
但是,老实说,能离开我很高兴,因为他们体会不了我的幽默。
I actually pitched a version of the cheese is evil there first. They hated it.
最开始是我想到“芝士是魔鬼”那一段,但是他们不喜欢。
Idiots! Well, their loss, right?
笨蛋!那是他们的损失,对吗?
Yep.
对啊。
And I see you won a Clio for the Thompson's Salad Dressing spot. That was very cool.
我看到你赢了在汤普森的色拉料现场广告设计中得过Clio。那很酷哦。
So did you do that solo?
那段独白是你一个人做的?
Actually, no. My wife helped me on thatone. Um, she's in advertising, too.
不是的.我的妻子帮我的。哦,她也是从事广告业的。
But if you were to ask her, I am sure she'd tell you she did the whole thing all by herself.
但是如果你去问她的话,我肯定她会说那一段,都是她做的。
Credit hog, huh? I know the type. You know what, Tom? I like you.
贪婪荣誉?我知道那一型。Tom,你知道吗?我喜欢你。
And I am not usually one for hiring in the room.
我通常不会在办公室内就决定雇人。
No, no, no, no, no, we never hire in the room.
不,不,不。我们从来不在办公室内雇人。
But we're in a time crunch, and we need someone now. I think you're the guy.
但我们现在缺乏时间,并且我们现在就需要人。我想你就是那个人。
Lynette, you got any issues?
Lynette,你有什么问题吗?
Well, um, let me just call in a few references before we make anything official.
恩...在我们签订任何正式的文件前,先给我一些参考资料。
Sure! Sure! We'll be in touch, okay? 'The cheese is evil!' Oh, god, I love that.
当然!当然!我会联系你的,好吗?芝士是魔鬼!上帝,我爱那个。

影视精讲


sense of humor: 幽默感
But it isn't without a sense of humor.
但是并不是用一种没有幽默感的方式。
Instead, wintour has an arid sense of humor about her reputation.
事实上,温图尔对自己的声誉有一种冷幽默。

in a time crunch:时间紧急crunch: 危急关头;关键时刻
So if you're in a time crunch, php frameworks can be very beneficial to you.
所以如果你时间紧迫,使用php开发框架是极其正确的。
But we're in a time crunch, and we need someone now. I think you're the guy.
但我们现在缺乏时间,并且我们现在就需要人。我想你就是那个人。

in touch:联系
Have you kept in touch with many of your old classmates?
你还和你的很多老同学保持联系吗?


分享到